Lumapower M3 Owners: Do you want another light module and/or forward clicky???

Would you buy these parts from Lumapower?

• I would buy an additional light module for my M3

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • I would buy a forward clicky for my M3/M1/MRV

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • I would buy an additional light module AND forward clicky

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • I'm not interested in more parts for my M3/M1/MRV

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters

Dobbler

Enlightened
The title says it all. I'd REALLY like a forward clicky for my M3 (and M1, MRV for that matter). Would you buy a forward clicky if it was available?

And what about another light module for the M3. Now that we have the TurboForce head option/available, all these bodies and two tail caps standard, with another light module we'd be able to put some/all of these parts to use!

Maybe with enough support we can get Lumapower to offer one or both of these parts for sale!

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
Re: Lumapower M3 Poll: Do you want another light module and/or forward clicky???

I've got an M3. Think it's quite good but would like to make use of the many extra parts I was forced to pay for.

I'd like a turbohead, but not without a reasonably priced extra emitter (say 20ish $).

While I'm at it, may as well get a 2 stage forward or reverse clicky (when available).

Nothing reasonably priced from Lumapower yet, and I don't want to get a billion spare parts for one light, so waiting for that elusive emitter before I pull the trigger on a turbohead.

:popcorn:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Lumapower M3 Poll: Do you want another light module and/or forward clicky???

From what ricky and MattK are saying forward clickies are coming. *hallelujah* :rock:
I will probably break down and buy an M3 when they're available with a forward clickie. I'd also like to see a SCC module.

From what I understand the Lumapower engineers don't think the M3 package can move enough heat to put the current much higher than what it currently is set to now. Hopefully they can come up with a solution so we can buy a harder driven Cree (Q3 :grin2: ) or SSC (hopefully they'll release a higher performing bin soon too) in the next few months.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast

It is really a pity to have all those parts laying in a drawer considering that they nearly make a complete light. I join those in favor of having the LED available.

CancerLad

Newly Enlightened
I am hoping they will make high output brass light module similar to the MRV for the M3. Failing that, I hope they will at least make the standard M3 light modules available to make it easier for people to mod M3s. I would like to put a red led in one, as an example.

George M

Newly Enlightened
I would definitely buy another light module for my M3. I bought the TurboForce head, so another light module is all I'd need to make two very different, very nice lights.

QuinnK

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I also vote for the extra parts availability that's been mentioned. I would buy.

Take care... Quinn

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would really like to see another led module availible for the M3. Then I could make use of the 123a body and extra switch. Now they just sit id the drawer. Definitely get the turbohead for the light. It makes all the difference in the world. I posted a few pics in the led section.

loonybin

Newly Enlightened
I'd buy the forward clicky and the additional light module.

Just think: SSC module with Turbo reflector 123a body and tactical switch on one hip, and the regular module with AA body and forward clicky in the pocket!

ESD

Newly Enlightened
I'd buy both.

What I REALLY want is a mod to the UI. Medium is waste, too close to full. Move high/low function to the twist body switch that is now high/medium, and give me a plain old single stage forward clickie.

Another set of optional parts would be to make it really small. Convert the 123 tube+switch to a single short piece, convert the focusing swtching light engine to a simple twist on/off flood and you could cut the overall length iin half.

I don't mind having spare parts for a light as long as they add versatility or functionality. So far all of the M3 parts do that. Right now I can almost build any light I need on the spot. I need just a few more parts...

JML

Enlightened
Ricky says the separate LED module will be priced and available in June. Remember, though, we'll still need to get another head, either the normal one or the Turbohead. Hope they sell the normal head separately, too.

Dobbler

Enlightened
I already have the standard M3 head sitting idle. Another LED module and a couple of tactical (forward) clickies is what I want.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both the standard head and the emitter module will be available seperately. :)

Forward clickies for all of the lights are ~30 days out.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ended up adding my own forward clicky to my M1 -- major improvement. I like the idea of how the MRV works with twist for high/low, click for off/on, but the way I use my M1 (as a throw light) I primarily only need high, anyway.

The one feature I would like it to buy a spare bezel, that way I could switch reflectors in the field (or in my case, switch between a reflector and a lens) by simply unscrewing one bezel (with one refelctor installed already) and replacing it with another.

As it is, it requires unscrewing a retaining ring, switching out the reflector and window, then screwing it all back together -- not something that I can do outside in the dark.

Last edited: