arc ls seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

snapper

Newly Enlightened
I know seconds mean some blimishes and stuff.. Have any of you ordered a second? Do I have a pretty good chance of getting a decent one? And in terms of brightness how does it compare to the opalec or arc AAA?

Later, snapper

Darell

Flashaholic
LOTS of us have ordered seconds. They're typically difficult to tell from the first.

There is no comparison between any Luxeon-based light and the Opalec module. The LS is FAR brighter than any three 5mm LEDs could hope to be. And to compare the brightness of the AAA to the LS is like comparing the driving experience of a Yugo and a Porsche 911 turbo (or an EV1, whichever you happen to have handy). The quality of the AAA can't be beat, you understand, but the brightness nod goes BIG to the LS.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at it this way, if you get a bad one you can send it back. Or get a few, pick out the one(s) you like and send back what you don't like. I have been happy with the seconds I have purchased.

Here is a comparison shot between an Arc LS and a Opalec Newbeam. (The Opalec is brighter than the Arc AAA)
hybridvsnewbeam.jpg

Tomas

Banned
My Opalec mini's are the lights I loan out when someone needs a flashlight for some close work. My Arc LS Second is the one in my hand.

The Opalec's are a good conversion of an old brand-x flashlight into something more useful and reliable, but the Arc LS is an order of magnitude better.

My LS second's "defects" are really only in the finish, and in a very slight flaw in the LED/lens assembly. Thing is, I LIKE the varigation in the finish - it gives the little beast some personality, and the output is just fine.

Now that I'm using rechargable NiMH's in the LS's CR123 body I find that I'm using it a whole lot more because it has become very inexpensive to run, and an hour runtime before dropping in a fresh pair and recharging the old is just fine.
smile.gif

tomsig01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts