New P2D Fenix

hotbossa

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone out there. I just recieved a new Fenix P2D light and I love it!!! It is micro small and has tons of output. I noticed that there was a little scratch on the bezel so I am sorta bummed. My question is, shold I return it to try and get one without a scratch? Is this a normal occruance with this light since it is a Chinese made product (QC not as good as say Surefire)? Any feeback will help.

mchlwise

Enlightened
Returning it or not is up to you.

You haven't said how big the scratch is, or how noticeable, but the quick answer is:

"No, it is not normal to have a scratch on a Fenix new out of the box."

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
No scratches on my P1D-CE or P3D. In fact I've been very happy with the fit and finish of the Fenix products I've received so far. If it bothers you I'd send it back, you did pay for a brand new product, it should be free of blemishes.

Robban

Enlightened
Unless it's a huge "scar" I wouldn't bother. It wont affect performance and if you actually put your light to use it will be the first of many. I have a tiny piece of lint or something stuck to the LED in my SureFire L4, poop happens, even to the best.

That said, it shouldn't be there on a brand new product. If it's worth the hassle is up to you.

QuinnK

Newly Enlightened
That's always possible on any brand, even SF, although more likely on some than others. I have 3 of the fenix, including a new P2D, with no scratches or problems... they seem to be well done.

Take care... Quinn

hotbossa

Newly Enlightened
WadeF said:
No scratches on my P1D-CE or P3D. In fact I've been very happy with the fit and finish of the Fenix products I've received so far. If it bothers you I'd send it back, you did pay for a brand new product, it should be free of blemishes.

Hey I know you....you are my favorite Benchmade Guy!!! Thanks for the help everyone. It is so small that I think I am just going to keep it. Everything else seems to be fine. I don't think it is worth the hassle. Now I need to figure out how I am going to get the P3D....Hmmmmm

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

scottaw

Enlightened
Hmm, a light with a scratch? I don't believe i own one without one. Just consider that a "starter" for all the use that light is sure to get. Don't put your lights on a shelf, they don't light anything up there.

Latest posts