Light for Wife's Purse

QuinnK

Newly Enlightened
Just a recommendation to consider...

For anyone who's wife isn't particularly interested in flashlights, other than one that works when she needs it, and wants one for the purse... I can heartily recommend the Fenix P1. My wife wanted something small (already has a very small light on her keyring for doorlocks and such) she could carry in her purse for whenever she needs something more in the way of a flashlight. She wasn't really interested in multiple clicks and such to get different amounts of light, or much of anything to remember about using it.

After some checking and some consideration, I ordered her the P1. It's very short for her purse, just a bezel twist for off and on (she wanted simple), and puts out a rated 55 lumens for something like 2.5 hr. She totally loves it, and it's a lot brighter than expected. With the long runtime, she can use it whenever she wants to, and there are always spare 123s around. It more than meets expectations.

:goodjob:

Take care... Quinn

Calina

Enlightened
If she's anything like my wife, I would suggest that you get her a big light, something like a 2D Maglite.

There is no way she will be able to find a small light in her purse when needed. There is usually so much stuff in those purses that it takes at least ten minutes to retrieve anything in there.:devil:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
A good key-chain light might be the L0D-CE. But really small. Maybe the L2D-CE? or the L1D-CE? Or if Cree and Seoul is not needed, the L1/2S from Fenix might be good.

For one that will almost always work, try the Arc AAA light. Not the brightest but one of the toughest.

What's your price range?

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Calina said:
If she's anything like my wife, I would suggest that you get her a big light, something like a 2D Maglite.

There is no way she will be able to find a small light in her purse when needed. There is usually so much stuff in those purses that it takes at least ten minutes to retrieve anything in there.:devil:

a 2D mag? :lolsign:

She'd find it alright. But uh... the purse might get a little heavy quick.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife chose an E1L for her to carry in her handbag. Initially wanted her to have the X1. She settled for the SF. No hassle one click on/off, runs of rechargeable. She said the SF was prettier and nicer to the touch..:)

Last edited:

Hans

Enlightened
Calina said:

I was about to suggest a 4D Maglite ...:)

Hans

QuinnK

Newly Enlightened
Calina said:

I think she found a small pocket on the side that's great for the light. If that doesn't work out, I can always make her a nice necklace out of a 2D. :whistle:

Take care... Quinn

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
jumpstat said:
My wife chose an E1L for her to carry in her handbag. Initially wanted her to have the X1. She settled for the SF. No hassle one click on/off, runs of rechargeable. She said the SF was prettier and nicer to the touch..:)

Looks like your wife might be a closet flashaholic :laughing:

I got my girlfriend (wife next month :)) a pink solitaire... She loves it, but doesnt carry it much, as she's afraid it might get damaged.... Man, they really should start making pink HA :grin2:

22hornet

Enlightened
My fiancée (we will marry in december, this year) likes her ARC AAA red led A LOT. She also loves the Peak McKinley with a momentary switch. (she takes both in the pool with her, so I can attest that both are waterproof)

Form factor and aethetics are quite important + plus she has to be sure it is a good flashlight as she wouldn't settle for something of low quality.

As with a lot of things, it has to be love at first sight.

Kind regards,
Joris

BGater

Enlightened
Just got my wife a Civictor V1, she loves it. A big step up from a modded mini mag she had been using. I liked the V1 so much I ordered 2 more, going to mod one with a SSC . Wife wants it simple, twist on......full bright, twist off. The V1 is as simple as it gets. She puts the light in her purse or one of those many purse side pockets.....and leaves the lanyard hang outside the purse for quick access to it.

WNG

Enlightened
Funny, I got the pink-hued River Rock peanut light for my girlfriend. She also liked it!
It got a lot of compliments for its brightness and appearance. Even came in handy a few times.
But I discovered even though it's not big, it was still considered too heavy and bulky on here keychain. Whenever she just carried her keys, she'd remove the River Rock.
It now hangs on the key rack. So, what happens when you unexpectedly need it??
:(
I find a common idea among women, if they don't use something often, they'll eliminate it.

Tremendo

Enlightened
My wife used to have a Fenix MM L1P, now has a Jet-C LE. Works great for her, has a low for reading and she has gotten used to the interface.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Tried to get my wife to carry a Dorcy AAA a few years back. She never did, but surprisingly the other day she pulled it out of her bedside cabinet, like she knew exactly where it was, to look for some shoes under the bed. It was still looking fairly bright on its original battery. Maybe it's time to see if she wants another for her purse.

Geoff

flashlightpoor

Newly Enlightened
inova x1 gen 2. with a lithium in it it is light, long output. but I think she uses the microlight on her keychain 15x more often than reaching for her x1.

mchlwise

Enlightened
Tremendo said:
My wife used to have a Fenix MM L1P, now has a Jet-C LE. Works great for her, has a low for reading and she has gotten used to the interface.

My wife has a C-LE in her purse as well, though it's more of a backup to the Fenix L0DSE on her keychain.

cavanaug

Newly Enlightened
Arc AAA-P on the keychain is in my opinion the best choice for the SO's in our lives.

I got one for my wife, its small, lightweight, rugged as hell and pretty darn bright for such a small package. It is soo much better than the piece of junk little flashlights she had before. (Before I became a flashaholic that is. ;-)

Everytime she uses it (about once a month or so) she always tells me. Frequently it is followed up by comments from the folks around her about how bright it is etc.

--
John

zarj

Newly Enlightened
cavanaug said:
Arc AAA-P on the keychain is in my opinion the best choice for the SO's in our lives.

I got one for my wife, its small, lightweight, rugged as hell and pretty darn bright for such a small package. It is soo much better than the piece of junk little flashlights she had before. (Before I became a flashaholic that is. ;-)

Same here, my wife has my old Arc AAA-P on her keychain since I got a L0D-CE running a 10440. It's small and convenient to carry and is always with her if she needs it with ample light output and long runtime.