What are you thankfull for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know how on the CPF we sometimes create lists of what light we EDC, the top LED, best AA, etc? What are the top things you are thankfull for?

Now normally, my (and maybe yours) list looks something God, family, country, my work and my friends (including those on the CPF). But maybe that is too mushy for you. So how about some zany or unusual things that you are thankfull for?

To keep is simple, how about we just name one thing?

Here's mine:

> rechargeable batteries

Peter Gransee

darkgear.com

Enlightened
Klipsch Speakers and my hearing.

Cisco so we can have an internet.

UV light so we can hide things in print and not know they are there until we use UV.

I am thankful that I can't fly to the moon and back because on my way I'd probably meet an alien named Bob and he will want to come home with me, go to work with me, try to have have a really fun time, play DDR and want to go eat ice cream. He would find out that he loves ice cream and he would eat all the ice cream in the world and there would be none left for me. ( he did say unusual right? )

On the serious side. My daughter just 2 months old now.
smile.gif

Best regards,
Randy

Mugsy

Newly Enlightened
I'm going to go with the mushy Peter. God, family, and freinds. In that order.

On the zany side, I'd have to say technology and how far it's come. Interesting times that we live in.......but I'm sure every generation says that. One example, that I happen to like, is video games and computers. I can remember as a kid, plugging quarters into pinball machines (which I still love) and arcade video games and also having a blast on my Atari 2600 or one of those ancient computers (didn't seem so ancient at the time).
smile.gif

It's just amazing how fast the technology is advancing. I'm literally in awe.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I'm thankful there are no Al Qaeda on my street because ammo is so expensive I couldn't afford to get an LS2.

I'm thankful Al Gore's new book is not one of the top 2,000 best sellers.

I'm thankful for the Redneck with the broken stove that fried the first Turkey.

But mostly, God, Family and Country.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dont forget to be thankful for your health. I am.

I am very thankful for my dog. She has changed my life. I can say, very truthfully, that for the last yeat and a half, I have had very consistent excersise habits. I am 41 and heavier than I should be, but for the last year and a half, I have walked 1-2 hours a day, (mostly about 75 minutes), 5 times a week. (at a good pace, I might add, not this meandering lazy walk, but about a 14-15 minute/mile walk.)

I am also grateful for her companionship. Of course she is not a spouse, but, being single, and living alone, the house does get a bit lonely.

Also, for my Dad, Sister and Brother-in-law, and my two nephews.

I am also very thankful that I have a wonderful mother, who left this world in 1996, at 57 years old, and I will always miss her, but I am very thankful to God for her.

And that's All I HAve to say about that!

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Originally posted by logicnerd411:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by DieselDave:
I'm thankful there are no Al Qaeda on my street
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Are you sure?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Oh yea I am sure. Being so close to Christmas I don't have the extra money for ammo, a new night site, claymores, or any H.E. and still get my LS2 for Christmas. (NO pressure Peter) Unless there is a descent market for the never fired dropped once AK's I am out till spring.

Semper-Fi
David

GlockDoc

Newly Enlightened
On the mushy side, my wife and my two beautiful daughters, neither of whom is pregnant, on drugs nor married! One in the service (just back from the big sandbox) and one an EMT.

And I'm thankful for this forum. It lets people from all over the world, who suffer with the same affliction, know that they are not alone!
grin.gif

Oops! Gotta go! Wife is waiting for daughter to call!

d'mo

Enlightened
More mush...

I'm thankful for a God who loves us, a savior who saves us, my wife, two beautiful daughters, job, country, and much, much, more.

SaintPaul

Newly Enlightened
Interesting pattern: there are only daughters, not sons, mentioned above. I myself have three, all age four or younger. And darell hasn't even chimed in yet...
grin.gif

This leads to a story of course:

Last spring I was talking with the two guys (college students) working in my lab about LED flashlights, and in reference to my children I mentioned, "...the girls LOVE flashlights."

They look at me funny and puzzled...

They didn't understand at first that I was talking about my girls; they thought I was making some sweeping generalization about females in general - like I was giving them some sort of dating advice. "THE GIRLS, they love flashlights, you know, and... flowers, that never fails to impress 'em... don't forget to shave..."

So I am most thankful for my healthy daughers, but if you want a silly answer... how about my ~93% efficient natural gas furnace? It's getting cold in Minnesota...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The shark that gave up its hide to make my [now] 5 year old belt. It is so sturdy that it hardly shows any wear, except for where the belt buckle has made its mark the last five years. Since losing 25 pounds (now back to a svelt 205), that mark is now noticeably seen about three holes outside of the buckle.
smile.gif
grin.gif
cool.gif
icon14.gif

Mush as mush goes...
God, country, family, and continued excellent health are always at the top.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this is going to sound terrible, but I'm thankful my kids are out of the house. It's not that I don't love them a lot, but there mom died when they were 5 & 7, and I guess you can get to much of a good thing. Besides, now that they're on their own, I think there beginning to realize I'm not as far off base as they thought I was when they were growing up.

On the lighter side, I'm thankful for LED's.

TX

Saaby

Flashaholic
Ok...lets see...as per Peter's rules, one thing, and make it zany. Well I thought about a few things but they were already here, so you want zany...you got zany

>Mackie Users Guides

Saaby

Flashaholic
Oh yeah, and Sauce Color Changing products...

and about a billion other things but that's it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.