Any reason to get a P2d-CE if I have a P1d-CE?

chadwide

Newly Enlightened
I do like the Clickie, but I prefer the greater throw of the P1D-CE. Any chance the 1AA and 2AA tubes will be available for this light? That would seal the deal.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
P2D CE has Clickey, i think ... it can fit L1D and L2D Bodies.... i read this some where... not sure which post...

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
Look up member LEEF. He has a nice forward clicky body for the P1D CE. I think they are around $40-45 at Lighthound but you can also find them in B/S/T.

Note: If you are buying from scratch, the best deal would be to get an L1D or L2D and get the P2D body + tailcap for around $20 (available in a few weeks at Fenix store).

If you go the other way around you would have to buy both body and tail cap for the L1/2D conversion (around $32+) since the tailcaps are different.

Last edited:

chadwide

Newly Enlightened
Ok So I was ust looking at the fenix store. If I get a L1D and L2d Bodies and a LxD tailcap along with a P2D-CE, Then I could run 1AA 2AA or 1CR123 right? Seems like a deal for around $100 total!

Krit

Enlightened
The Sequence of steps are my consider for P2D. First step with low level and increase every step with soft click.

chadwide

Newly Enlightened
Thanks gunga. Thats good info. I suppose that I could always add the other tube in the future.

gunga

Flashaholic
Yes, correct.

If you buy L1D with L2D body and upcoming P2D body, should be around $10 less.

Also, depends on if you want any of the stock holsters...

I ended up getting a P2D, L1D, and an L2D body. Pretty cool. Looks like they are coming out with natural finish too (be prepared to wait weeks/months for that tho).

chadwide

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if they will ever offer everything as a set, like the lightflux

Krit

Enlightened
I try to change P2D reflect to ROP but I can not find for suitable one. Do you have as idea for change it?

QuinnK

Newly Enlightened
chadwide said:
I do like the Clickie, but I prefer the greater throw of the P1D-CE. Any chance the 1AA and 2AA tubes will be available for this light? That would seal the deal.

As far as I know (other than possibly individual variations), the P2D throw at the max of 135 is the same as the P1D at the max setting of 135. All the other levels differ between the two models. I much prefer the switching arrangement of the P2D (don't like the back and forth twist for one thing), and I prefer the level choices in the P2D... and that it starts at the low level of 9 and goes up. Can get instant max of 135 from any other level just by a bezel twist. The figures are their rated levels of course. For me, the P2D is a clear preference, but other folks may have different preferences.

Take care... Quinn