P2D Pocket carry - accidental on?

s14kev

Newly Enlightened
Looking to get a P2D for pocket carry on my keyring. What are the chances of the clicky accidently turning on while its in my pocket? Would get the P1D CE as the twisty I imagine is not prone to accidental on's but prefer a clicky and the chance to use the LxD tubes with the P2D.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
I think with a clicky, there is always that possibility. I had an SF E2e that I carried in a holster and it turned on when I bent down... it stayed on for an hour before I realized it. :ohgeez:

The clicky is recessed so it may not turn on accidentally. But, if you're worried about it, you can always just turn the battery compartment a quarter turn counter-clockwise and the light won't come on at all in your pocket... You just have remember that when you go to use it.

Optik49

Enlightened
I don't see you having a problem. Maybe if you have a lot of keys. You could always add a short lanyard.

scottaw

Enlightened
I've had mine in my pocket for 2 weeks now, and no problems to report. I was originally worried about that myself but then thought about it, it comes on to low on first click...30hrs runtime and no heat. You'd have to click it several times in your pocket to kill a battery. Great EDC light, i use it constantly, still on batt #1.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can lock out the clicky on a P3D by twisting the rear cap. Can you do this with a P2D?