I'm getting married, who would be interested in making a titanium wedding band ?

Norm

Retired Administrator
I'm getting married, who would be interested in making a titanium wedding band ? Needs to be internal diameter 18.4mm 7mm wide. The wedding is in October. All ideas welcome.
Norm

Last edited:

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations Norm!!!!!!

Fantastic news!

For those who don't know, this is all the more special because I know Norm in real life!

Norm

Retired Administrator
Grox said:
Congratulations Norm!!!!!!

Fantastic news!
Thanks Paul we have been together 7 years now and not getting any younger so I thought I should do the right thing.
Looks like I have a transplant happening too, from my soon to be step son. Should get all the results on Friday.
Great to hear from you.
Paul is the bloke who introduced me to this board, I don't know whether to thank him or send him the bill :).
Norm

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Norm said:
Thanks Paul we have been together 7 years now and not getting any younger so I thought I should do the right thing.
Looks like I have a transplant happening too, from my soon to be step son. Should get all the results on Friday.
Great to hear from you.
Paul is the bloke who introduced me to this board, I don't know whether to thank him or send him the bill :).
Norm

Good on you Norm!

I'm incredibly happy for you!

I looked into Titanium rings (not for marriage) a while back and came up with a couple of places:

http://www.trewtungsten.com/
http://www.titaniumrings.com/

I hope that helps you!

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations. I lost my first wedding ring (heavy gold) because it was too thick and I took it off sometimes. I lost my second wedding ring (thin gold) because I lost weight and it slipped off. I lost my 3rd wedding ring, I don't know how. Luckily the 3rd one was pewter and only cost me $4.

My wife won't let me buy a set of industrial stainless rings sized to fit my finger (something about how a symbol of our marriage shouldn't cost $22. per dozen) so I'm looking around for another pewter ring.

(Some) women have some strange ideas about wedding rings...

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
nerdgineer said:
Congratulations. I lost my first wedding ring (heavy gold) because it was too thick and I took it off sometimes. I lost my second wedding ring (thin gold) because I lost weight and it slipped off. I lost my 3rd wedding ring, I don't know how. Luckily the 3rd one was pewter and only cost me $4.

My wife won't let me buy a set of industrial stainless rings sized to fit my finger (something about how a symbol of our marriage shouldn't cost $22. per dozen) so I'm looking around for another pewter ring.

(Some) women have some strange ideas about wedding rings...
LMAO! Great post! I laughed out loud!

CLHC

Flashaholic
I was going to suggest the Mokume patterned ones, but gregw linked it.

Enjoy!

Glen C

Enlightened
Congratulations Norm, that is fantastic news. Good luck on the transplant front as well, that sounds like you have a very generous stepson.

ps 18.4mm inside diameter, sounds like a piece of 3/4" ID pipe might do the trick. Or just cut a 7mm slice out of your favourite light which takes 18650. My ring is 19mm ID, matches plenty of the torches I have around here :)

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
Thanks for the best wishes everyone, I have had a previous kidney transplant, it failed two years ago after 10 years of faithful service. My step son is being brave about all the tests he had to have, he is 6'2" and can't stand needles and for the week of the tests needles were involved everyday.
Norm

WNG

Enlightened
Ed Sassler of Ti Designs in Cambridge, MA. He's an acquaintance of mine of a good few years back. Does all his own work, made many special pieces for celebrities.

He's quite a character, a contemporary DaVinci. A physicist graduated from MIT, races bicycles and turbo-charges engines. Extensive fabrication skills. Also makes jewelry from exotic metals.

http://www.ti-designs.com/