About to buy 1st EVER Arc: Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev1-1

Enlightened
I've been into SureFire's for a while, but reading your threads has convinced me to go for an Arc AAA!
grin.gif
Before I buy I want to make sure I get the latest version (3.1 I think?). I figure that if I just ask the store they won't have a clue...so how do you tell the version? Does it say on the packaging so that I can ask them to check in the store for me?

BTW: I'm ordering online and can't check myself...so it will have to be a pretty simple way of telling! (NO looking inside the light e.t.c!!)

Thanks for any advice!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
smile.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Basically, you can e-mail Peter at ARC and ask for one, or order directly from ARC's website.

When I wanted the latest revision of the ARC-LS, I knew there's only one place I can fully trust to ship me the latest version they have...

Saaby

Flashaholic
Pretty much any White (Colors are a different story) Arc AAA you buy should be at least a version 3.0. Version 3.0 has a chemkote inside, HA III finish, and a SB1 LED. It's much more likely you'll get a 3.1 though. The easist way to tell a 3.1 is that thre is french on the packaging. The only other thing that makes it a 3.1 is the roll crimp, but it's EASY to do a roll crimp on the 3.0s and you probably want to improve your 3.1s roll crimp anyway.

So in othr words...don't worry about it
tongue.gif

I'd order from Texas Tactical supply but they don't have thie whites on their page any more...only the UV. Anybody know what's up with that?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
most places i would assume have the 3.1

the only way to tell by the packaging is there is french writting on the back.

***edit*** saaby got to it before i responded...

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you call or write Greg at www.brightguy.com, he will tell you exactly what he has.

I cannot get to the web site just now, but I believe that brightguy actually lists that he has the 3.1 in stock.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Saaby:
I'd order from Texas Tactical supply but they don't have thie whites on their page any more...only the UV. Anybody know what's up with that?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Saaby,
On the TTS home page, Wayne usually takes things off that he doesn't currently have in stock. If he only shows the ARC UV, then he's out of the white. Keeps him from putting stuff on back order. TX

kev1-1

Enlightened
OK...I just went and ordered the light!! Should be here by Monday or Tuesday...then all I have to do is wait for the hours of darkness!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.