FENIX Oh we need a chat... Whoooooo!

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, i got a few questions.

1) whas difference between using standard CR123 compared to rechargable (same for AA)

2) Are they regulated to just die or fade over time

3) Do they really offer these lumen values on standard CR123 and AA ? or do you "need" rechargables

4) how do you rate FENIX compared to inova and surefire

WOW well from what im reading im pumped up enough to feel the need to buy them now, the P1d ce or what ever it was that uses 1cr123 got me blown away from what i read. Oh damn.. Oh snap i want one.

Please give me the lowdown...

Last edited:

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FENIX Oh we need a chat...

ok thanks that was very helpful.
I just ordered a P2d CE it just sounds too cool not to have one, i know its more money but it sounds well worth it currently i have a surefire G2 w/P-60 (got p61 also), generic 3W 1xcr123 led, Silverpoint auro 1xaa rigel) i plan in replacing my pocket edc (silverpoint) for this fenix, and then at some point i may stop carying the surefire, and replace my coat backup light with another fenix for my pouch..

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fenix have really won over the hearts of us CPFers. Probably now the most popular lights on this forum, all the mini-polls seem to agree.

Questions and Answers

1) Fenix does not recommend using the RCR123As in place of the non-rechargable CR123As. However, MANY users have found them to be quite tolerant of whatever battery they throw at it. If you must go rechargable lithium, go for the 3.0 volt versions, not the regular 3.7 volt. NiMH rechargables will drop in anywhere a 1.5 volt alkaline battery would sit with no problems at all, and longer runtime to boot.

2)They are regulated, but the type of regulation varies from model to model. The P1D-CE for instance has mill-pond flat regulation, and then drops out very quickly. If this is your only light, carry a spare 123A cell at all times (a contact-lens container makes a nice 123A carrier). Of course, check out the runtime graphs.

3)The lumen values are based on standard batteries, but I believe they may be emitter lumens. Actual output lumens can vary between 60-80% transmission.

4)Fenix are not quite in the same league as Inova and Surefire. But then again, SureFire aren't all that by the looks of things...
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=164322
Unless you propose to run over your torch with a tank, blow it up then leave in acid for 6 months, the Fenix offerings are more than adequate for your needs. Durable, reliable, dunkable (mobile phone manufacturers, take note), cutting edge and excellent value for money.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast

happy with which one? the fenix what? or the silverpoint..

I cant waight for this fenix p2d ce i want it NOW lol i want that so bad...

bitslammer

Enlightened

Fenix is pretty good value for the $$$. My only negative so fay is that the twist to adjust brightness levels have been a little flaky for my on my L1S and L1/2P. Aside from that I get a good deal of use from mine. The P1 on my keychain has come in handy quite often. I dropped my IPod and it took an odd bounce that carried it under the car parked next o me one dark evening. If it were not for having my P1 handy I might have lost it.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast

z-b-i

Newly Enlightened

If you don't mind waiting a bit longer, the same torch is available for about $55 / £23 from fenix-store.com.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast

z-b-i said:
If you don't mind waiting a bit longer, the same torch is available for about $55 / £23 from fenix-store.com.

And you can save 5% more, by using the CPF5 code at checkout. Fenix-store is the best! :rock:

quixote

Newly Enlightened

I have a question too.
"How long might it take to get my item from fenix-store after my order status changes to [shipped] ?"
I have seen different people said about different shipping time.
It has been 6 days after my order status changed to "shipped", I wondered whether they shipped my order from china?

22hornet

Enlightened

Hello,

I am quite happy with Fenix in general and the service is good too. Moreover, shipment is free with Fenix-Store which is a great asset when you live in Europe where shipment, together with import dues, can become more costly than the light itself.

But I do not like any Fenix. The models I like a lot, and which seem very reliable, are the E0, E1 and the P1. I really love these and I also like the very good regulation of these lights.

The ones I like less are the L2T and L2P v2. This because of reliability issues with both. However, they may still be the most interesting 2AA lights on the market (together with the L2D CE).

Fenix seems to be the manufacturer that makes the lights people over here are asking for and for this, they should be given credit.
(so, if I might give it a try :) : remake the original, simple, L2P with one output level and an E1 cree, one output level, utterly reliable, flat regulation and about 15-25 lumens... please. Invest more in reliability than in bells and whistles)

Kind regards,
Joris

Last edited:

procure

Newly Enlightened

quixote said:
I have a question too.
"How long might it take to get my item from fenix-store after my order status changes to [shipped] ?"
I have seen different people said about different shipping time.
It has been 6 days after my order status changed to "shipped", I wondered whether they shipped my order from china?

Fenix-store ships from Atlanta. It usually takes my order about 5 - 7 days (I'm in Virginia).

quixote

Newly Enlightened

procure said:
Fenix-store ships from Atlanta. It usually takes my order about 5 - 7 days (I'm in Virginia).

Thanks budy!
I am in North Carolina. So, I will receive it pretty soon. Great! :bumpit:

picrthis

Enlightened

procure said:
I always wondered why it takes so long to recieve a package from Fenix store once it is shipped. Example I can regularly recieve a package from NJ -> FL in 3 days, yet everytime I order from Fenix it takes exactly 6 days to arrive and GA borders FL, so you'd think it would be here in a day or 2? same shipping method as the NJ example, I recieve the email that it has shipped with a tracking number that does show-up on the usps site, so I know it went out, they must sit somewhere; I just don't get why the shipping is so slow to arrive. :ohgeez:

Last edited:

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast

well i ordered from ebay because i was so dazzled by the spec i think i died on the spot and had to wait for the base in the next song to kick start me again . . . I want one of thise P2d ce's yesterday, i want 3 of them right now... i think gradually i will buy another one if i really like it, or maybe a p1d ce..

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened

Techwg, I think you'll be happy with your Fenix. Like most others, I have Surefire, Fenix, and Inova, and that's the order in which they rate IMHO.