Wanted: help with putting together a Arc FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Several members have suggested that a FAQ be put together of Arc facts and posted here as a sticky. Sticky posts are always at the top of a thread list.

This FAQ would be helpfull for new members and would probally reduce the amount of times that Darell has to repeat himself.
smile.gif

I have been meaning to get to this but I seem to just be getting more and more busy. So I am now asking for help from you guys! I'll start the framework, if you know something, add it to the list. Later on, I will doublecheck and create a sticky.

Peter Gransee

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, here's the proposed basic framework. We can change this later if it needs to be tweaked. As you make a suggestion, it will be reviewed and then added below.

Version 0.1
Updated 12/4/02

Arc-AAA
photos
what is it
specs
LED types
what is the LE
batteries
run times
comparisons
links to reviews
Accessories
Maintenance
Mods
Version History

Arc-LS
photos
what is it
specs
LED types
what are all the versions
batteries
run times
comparisons
links to reviews
Acessories
Maintenance
Mods
Version History

Technology
regulation
stepup
battery chemistries
Anodize
misc

Arc Company
Who are they
Where to buy
Shipping
Warranty
Other facts

Misc
Papers on flashlights

Saaby

Flashaholic
A revision history is also a must! Perhaps it will be hard to get details on past revisions, but future revisions should not be a problem (Once they're in production)

Perhaps it would be better as a separate post with a link to it from the FAQ...but either way...

KenBar

Enlightened
Most current ARC model...small pic...how to tell it apart ...where to order from as a clickable link.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mods..... Silviron makes Arc LS headlamp mods. I own one of his Rayovac 'Adult' 4AA in series/parallel. I use it fairly often (about once per week).

Doug Speck is making me a custom 2C pack for the LS, which will be Hard Anodized with the batch of UBHes he is working on. He has made 1C and 1D Arc LS packs, and can make 2D Packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.