Suggestions on an LED upgrade to a Laser Devices OP6?

Gordov2

Enlightened
I have just been turned on (pardon the pun) to Laser Devices. What are your thoughts on these lights? And what's the best way to upgrade to an LED rig with at least 150 tourch lumens? ...Or even a Incan rig with at least 200 torch lumens?

Paladin

Enlightened
Step 1: give the OP6 to your wife, girlfriend, etc.

Step 2: buy a new light.

HTH.

Paladin

Gordov2

Enlightened
Really? I haven't bought it yet. Tell me what's wrong about this light? I thought it was supposed to be pretty good, no? What's the deal in general with the flashlight???

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Laser Devices makes a good light, and does a lot of OEM work for other manufacturers.

There's no way that I can think of to convert it to an LED, nor is there an incan. upgrade.

On a side note, most Lumen numbers you see are inflated or exaggerated (in much the same way candlepower numbers were inflated way back when) so I wouldn't waste a lot of energy worrying about the numbers.

-dan

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems Laser devices uses the same bulb as Blackhawk, Tac-Star and LightPower (Germany) ones. Search for led upgrades for them and you may have somthing compatible

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Night-Ops Falcata 6V and here's what I did to convert it to led. I removed the rubber o-ring around the upper portion of the reflector. Once this is removed the reflector assembly comes out. I took a LiteMania Cree XRE P60 drop-in and ground the edge down till it slipped into the area where the spring sits on the regular bulb.

Last edited: