Help with Powering an Ultrafire C3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowatts

Newly Enlightened
I posted this in the Electronics and Batteries forum with no response, figure I'd try here. Would appreciate opinions on how to make this run bright (1000 mah ?) on a 14500. Thanks.

"I have a new C3 that lite up for about two seconds before it quit with a little burnt electronic odor, and maybe a tiny bit of smoke but not sure about that. I still have not heard back from kaidomain about a RMA after almost two weeks. Starting to think I'm stuck with a DOA.

The battery tube is very narrow on mine, besides a standard Alkaline and the Ultrafire 14500, the only cell I have that fits is a 1600 mah (not typo) old Energizer NiMH. I tried 2300 mah Duracell and the new Kodak Pre Charged 2100 mah cells and both are too wide.

Does anyone know what replacement driver fits in this light? :help: I measured about 0 ohms resistance between the + and - contacts at the head, hope the LED is still good but electronics are fried. Would appreciate any ideas on getting this thing to light up again, after it's two second debute.

Now that I think of it, since I can't get any good NiMHs to fit anyways, I should just make this a dedicated 14500 light and run it direct with maybe a .25 ohm resistor. What's the expert opinion on this? What wattage rating resistor would I need, maybe 1 watt? Is it safe on an unprotected cell? TIA"

Status
Not open for further replies.