ARC LS CR123

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl Theile

Newly Enlightened
Giving serious thought to purchase of this. Two key questions:
Is the lense protected (from scratches)?
Is the light truly waterproof? Depth?
Thanks,
-carl

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Carl,

The LS2 is undergoing waterproofing tests. Otherwise it is considered to be weather resistant. You will find more info in the Arc Flashlight forum.

As to the lens, It is the NX05 optics surface and not a separate lens (currently).

Arc is hoping to certify it to 50 feet depth.

When you spend $120 or more on a flashlight, you take care of it. I have 2 Arc LS lights, 1 White factory second, and a Cyan first. I love them both.

Even at 50 ft., I wouldn't consider it to be a diving light.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The current LS (rev2) does have a second AR coated Lexan lens installed to protect the primary NX05 optic. This second lens is also designed to waterproof the light.

In a couple of weeks, LS2 will come standard with a removable/replaceable flexible lens protector plastic in addition to the lexan and the NX05. This third layer is similiar to the protective covers you see on LCDs. Think of it as a more transparent version of wrightright. You can remove it if you want, and it can be replaced. We will provide free replacements along with retainers, o-rings and switches (you must pay for shipping).

Rating the lights for a certain depth is on our list of things to do. The main problem right now is we can't keep enough of them in stock to provide the amount of units we want to test. We need at least 10 for the initial test and many more for subsquent tests.

Peter Gransee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts