Surefire cree question

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been waiting since December 2006, still not out. So you guess is as as good as mine. Soon.....Good thing Comes to those who Wait Patiently,,,,

big_willie

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the input i was just wonder because surefire has the titan on its website now so it must be getting close till they release the rest of their cree lineup

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
jumpstat said:
Been waiting since December 2006, still not out. So you guess is as as good as mine. Soon.....Good thing Comes to those who Wait Patiently,,,,
UMm....... Are you sure? we did not know about the new crees intill shot show wich was in January of 07, if i reacally correctly it was Jan 13th.

I think the new crees are coming out i June 07, so make it about December or January since it is Surefire ans all.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh yes. They (SF) update their website as the need arises ?!? Come to think of it, looking at the Titan, sure looks handsome...

big_willie

Newly Enlightened
i cant wait till the new e1L comes out to see if hold up true to 17 hours of runtime that would make it a great edc

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
big_willie said:
i cant wait till the new e1L comes out to see if hold up true to 17 hours of runtime that would make it a great edc

So is everyone pretty excited over the new models or are people looking ahead for SF to put Crees in other models. The reason that I ask is that I'm not that pumped up about the models they're releasing first. I guess L2, L4s, Kromas and X200s are way down the road somewhere.

big_willie

Newly Enlightened
i just started getting into flashlights i started with a brinkmann maxfire and still that is my only light so the new surefire crees look promising in output and runtime

big_willie

Newly Enlightened
i can see that i have been wanting a surefire for a while but is there any alternatives to the new surefire crees

jbosman1013

Enlightened
sure lots of alternatives but why not get a surefire and why arent they pushing 150lm i thought they would have made them a little brighter

big_willie

Newly Enlightened
i think they are not pushing 150lm to extend rutime and i would got to an alternative because surefire prices are steep and the price of lithiums are to low either

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
big_willie said:
i can see that i have been wanting a surefire for a while but is there any alternatives to the new surefire crees
Yes, there are a lot of lights using the new Cree and Seoul LEDs. See this thread. A lot of people like the Fenix lights, in particular. Personally, I'm thinking seriously about getting one of the new Peak Seoul lights.

digitaleos

Enlightened
Surefire has delayed the release of the new Cree lights until August:mad: Here is what customer service had to say when I asked if they were still going to go on sale in June.

Dear Sir,

At this time production of the upgraded lights has been delayed. They are now expected to be available for ordering around August 1st. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to write back or call us at 1-800-828-8809. We are dedicated to providing world class customer service.
SureFire Technical Support
1(800)828-8809 Toll Free
(714)545-9444
(714)545-9537 Fax

Hans

Enlightened
digitaleos said:
Surefire has delayed the release of the new Cree lights until August:mad:

Interesting news. I've been looking forward to their cree lights. I really like Surefire lights.

The question is of course what caused the delay. Last minute changes to the specifications, problems getting the Crees they want, of simply lack of manufacturing capacity?

BTW. does anyone have an updated set of specifications on the new lights? From what I read somewhere the ones given in the 2007 catalogue aren't quite right.

Hans

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too have been very much looking forward to the SF's with the Cree upgrade. I love SF's!