seoul led ?

Led_Blind

Enlightened
Depends on what you want.

Points to ponder
- Both leds use the same Cree EZ1000 die (someone will correct me:))
- will have similar total output.
- Cree have 70degree output, seul is around 150.
- Cree's love optics and give more flood and less spot for the same given reflector.
- Seuls are closer to LuxIII in output patern, and package. Cree's package may be harder to work with since reflow soldering is prefered.
- Seul leds tend to be of a warmer tint ( all of mine have been)

Brightness is all by the spec sheet. Remember to take off 10-30% for reflector or optic losses.
At 350ma expect 80-90 lm
at 700ma expect 150-160 lm
at 1000ma expects 210ish lm,

:) hope that helped!

Last edited:

jbosman1013

Enlightened
i have seen some beam shots and really like the beam color was think about getting a light modded with a seoul and wanted some imput i know cree's are the big hit right now but what's next

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Led_Blind said:
Depends on what you want.
- Cree's love optics and give more flood and less spot for the same given reflector.
So if I have a Cree and want a tight spot I should use an optic, and if I want more of a flood (but not as wide as it would be bare) I should use a reflector?

ensile

Enlightened
whilst we are on the subject, where can I find a seoul module? i was just reading on flashlight reviews that the inova t1 that I bought has a little bit more output than my feni L2t on low, with about one tenth of the runtime, i do love the inova build, but that that's one realllly inefficient LED, i've heard the Seouls are easier to drop in place of the older luxstars ?

cheers. sorry to hijack, but this might answer someone elses Q'

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
ensile said:
whilst we are on the subject, where can I find a seoul module? i was just reading on flashlight reviews that the inova t1 that I bought has a little bit more output than my feni L2t on low, with about one tenth of the runtime, i do love the inova build, but that that's one realllly inefficient LED, i've heard the Seouls are easier to drop in place of the older luxstars ?

cheers. sorry to hijack, but this might answer someone elses Q'

Im looking for the same solution for mt T3