Just received cle v.2 and have some questions.

sphynx_000

Newly Enlightened
First, here are my impresions if anyone is interested,

-The light is a smaller than I expected but am getting used to the size.

-This is my first high-powered led light, and I think I was expecting a little much at first. However, once I was able to test it outside... the amount of light it casts is really pretty amazing for its size. Although the output does not blow my mind, it is a quite usefull beam (both spill and throw). Add to that around 100 mins on a AA, and I am more than satisfied.

-I like the interface, and the sequence of levels/modes. There is plenty of time to switch modes, and I actually like the blink it does when a mode is "memorized".

Now for the questions,

-I have cleaned my threads but it is still far from smooth. I need to get some kind of lube to the threads or o-ring. Is there anything I could use that could possibly be found around the house?

-Also the battery shakes around when the light is not turned on. What is the easiest fix for that?

chrome-addict

Newly Enlightened
As far as lubing the threads, I really like Nyogel. It seems to work better than anything else I've tried. If you don't have any Nyogel, silicone paste/grease works pretty well. Try to stay away from vaseline ...it contains petroleum which can be hard on the rubber o-ring.

I used a paper sleeve inside the tube to take up the extra space. Some people just use a post-it or low-stick masking tape applied directly to the battery itself.

BTW my V1.2 also has rough threads, and the o-ring binds pretty bad.

sphynx_000

Newly Enlightened
I thought my threads are pertty decent after I got them cleaned out real good. But my o-ring does bind also.

I really need to get some grease and possible a differnent o-ring to get the light turning freely.

chrome-addict

Newly Enlightened
Silicone grease works decent, but Nyogel 760g works fantastic ...makes the threads feel buttery smooth. The o-ring still binds, thus you're still plagued with the rotational resistance. I think a slightly thinner o-ring just might be the ticket!

sphynx_000

Newly Enlightened
Bump,

Anyone know where I could pick up some Nyogel?

Or is the internet my best choice?