How many vote for the Amilite T5?

machoamigo

Newly Enlightened
I thought I should just ask all you flashaholics like me how many of you like the Amilite T5 and would you all vouch for it, cause I have one and I will vouch for it.

I know that there are better lights out there but this was just a query:)

SoundMix

Newly Enlightened
I like the simple UI, "hi" and "low". I use it around the house where I likely won't step thru a bunch of functions like SOS and strobe. It has a nice flood which is also great indoors.

SEMIJim

Enlightened
I almost pulled the trigger on one of these. I was mostly waiting until somebody stocked them in the U.S. Before that happened (it still hasn't, TTBOMK) I decided $80 was simply too much to spend on a small flashlight. In fact: I've rather come to the conclusion that, for my purposes, $80 is too much to spend on any flashlight. But if I were going to spend $80 + shipping on a small flashlight, the Amilite Neo T5 would almost certainly be it--if somebody in the U.S. stocked it.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The T5 is a great, great light. You won't be disappointed. The beam on mine is super smooth and the difference between levels is great. I opted for the brighter low, because I find it far more useful.

LA OZ

Enlightened
I like the light but I don't like the fact that it required two full clicks from on to off everytimes.

OFF -click - LOW - click - HIGH - click - OFF

JeffW

Newly Enlightened
The T5 is my EDC with the optional switch for high only. Love the light

whc

Enlightened
Like it very much. Have modded mine with a 1-stage reverse clicky, don't really like the 2-stage clickys. But the design and quality, plus the beam pattern/output is superb, a very good and compact flashlight. Though works best with primary cells.

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
I love the T5, it's a great light. I am EXTRA HAPPY with it because I already owned a T3, which was my EDC. The day the T5 arrived, I put the T5 head on the T3 body (directly interchangable) and now I have the best of both worlds.... The powerful, beautiful T5 beam along with the great, smaller, T3 body.......

So now my EDC is the T5/T3..... Just love it....

Gointothelight

Newly Enlightened
It has the BEST beam (I like floods) of any light I have, no matter the cost... BUT... I'm finding the tailcap to be a bit quirky.

phosphor

Enlightened
What kind of mileage (runtime) are you guy's getting out of the "low" or "lower" switch stage ? I know on high, the runtime delivers just shy of an hour.

Does Amlite offer a discount to CPF'ers ? If so....do any of you happen to know the code for future reference ?

- Best regards to all !

BrightIdeaOSU

Newly Enlightened
The build quality, UI and beam quality of the T5 is near perfect, and competes well with some American made lights that cost a good bit more (i.e. the single cell Surefires). The tailcap is a bit quirky, as you put it (the spring has to be centered for it to work right), and I would love to see them develop a two stage twisty body to make it a bit shorter. But it's now my second favorite light, behind my 27lt, which still out-throws it, despite the obviously greater output of the T5.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine works great! Hopefully everyone else likes it. It's a little expensive but worth it.

Alteran

Enlightened
Where the grass is blue, up is down, and hamburger
I love mine! The flood beam is great. However, due to them using the (I think) McR18 reflector, it's a bit loose in the head. When I tried to fiddle around with the reflector, I got some noticeable dust on it, but I still cannot find any artifacts in the beam, so no points lost! It has become my EDC recently. I liked the smaller form factor of my P1D-CE, but it was stolen. :mad:

By the way, Amilite gets bonus points for the nice package!

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
Alteran said:
I love mine! The flood beam is great. However, due to them using the (I think) McR18 reflector, it's a bit loose in the head. When I tried to fiddle around with the reflector, I got some noticeable dust on it, but I still cannot find any artifacts in the beam, so no points lost! It has become my EDC recently. I liked the smaller form factor of my P1D-CE, but it was stolen.
mad.gif

By the way, Amilite gets bonus points for the nice package!
Hi Alteran,
The same thing happened to me when I first got my T3 and played a little with the reflector.... It bothered me so I purchased a reflector replacement from "Kevin" at Amilite for a few bucks and Presto, bye bye dust....

Dawg

Enlightened
I love mine......and I got the very last Kydex sheath with the Glow dots. It can be used on the brim of your hat as well as on your belt. One of the best beam patterns in a light out there bar none. Mine is a shelf queen, thats how much I like it. I only need an Arc aaa for my edc and I have various sundry barn burner incans for house duty. The rest are bling or toys. :)

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
LA OZ said:
I like the light but I don't like the fact that it required two full clicks from on to off everytimes.

OFF -click - LOW - click - HIGH - click - OFF

Thats the part that throws me

frank777

Enlightened
OK, I'm convinced. I just ordered one. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy for buying yet ANOTHER flashlight. "It's ridiculous", she says, "nobody needs 20 flashlights." I told her nobody needs 30 pairs of shoes.

Last edited:

Alteran

Enlightened
Where the grass is blue, up is down, and hamburger
frank777 said:
OK, I'm convinced. I just ordered one. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy for buying yet ANOTHER flashlight. "It's ridiculous", she says, "nobody needs 20 flashlights." I told her nobody needs 30 pairs of shoes.

I agree! Unless, of course, you were to wire up these shoes to run a cree/seoul on the front. You could get some of those flat Li-ion packs from cellphones, and then you could walk in the dark without holding a flashlight. Or wearing a headlamp! It could work...I think.