Gatlight V2 K2 to seoul mod-Fixed!

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any idea what i have done wrong? never put a seoul on a k2 board. is there anything obvious? could the VF be so far off? i was led to believe these were low vf K2s(like J?). the seoul is a uswoh. I isolated the slug. there is continuity between the neg anode of the led and the edge of the board.

still an electronics noob so any help appreciated.

Last edited:

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
nevermind! re-soldered the connections and voila! must have been some dead solder? dunno. works and looks great. beam VS my seoul modded HDS B42xr(on left). Beam and interface not quite as useful, but not much is. still a beautiful light.

100_6859Medium.jpg

100_6904Medium.jpg

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks snow.

some might find this useful:

I used a .27mm copper spacer from the shoppe to raise the seoul, just seemed it should be.

also, took apart the tailswitch, cleaned and nyogel-ed it. also added another washer to extend the switch slightly. pro-gold everything as well. the light comes on with less twisting, hopefully it won't create any cell drain issues as some have seen. also centering the front of the cell carefully in the + contact silicone helps.

the twist and dimming action is so much better than as recieved. not sure if it had ever been cleaned or was this smooth from the factory, but one-handed action is now possible(where it wasn't even thinkable).

now just give is a V3 tailcap upgrade for the V2 lights:whistle: (I can dream)

100_6863Small.jpg

Last edited: