Good places to buy glasses?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, on one end you got Lenscrafters, the one hour glasses place where I got my last pair. But I paid very dearly for it, well over $300. The other extreme is Costco where I got an excellent pair of prescription sunglasses for $120 and you can get a decent pair of regular glasses for not much more. But their selection is fairly lacking. I have a small face and like smallish, round or oval lens that kind of hug fairly close to the head and they didn't have anything like that.

Any recommendations for a national chain like Sears or something in the northeast that might be a good compromise of style, selection versus price? I don't have to these glasses made instantly.

carlsjrman

Newly Enlightened
have you checked out some of the online sites? I buy mine from www.optical4less.com. Really cheap! I think the basic set is like $40, and it's a bit more if you have really bad eyes like me. Good quality though, and it only takes about two weeks to receive them. I recommend them to all my friends.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I haven't used them, but don't forget about Target and WalMart. Maybe they'd have frames to your liking.

Geoff