What is current condition of Arc LS seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little while ago, I see they got quite a bit of negative commentary. On the Arc web site, they are available for $60 which I think would be a good price unless the light is in horrible condition. I'm considering getting one for a friend girl. I want it to work properly from the start and I wouldn't want the case to be in too, too bad a condition. Could Peter or someone post what is the reason for the current batch of LS being seconds?

Tomas

Banned
Hmmmmm ... You're correct that the recent SLS's seemed to catch a lot of flack, but I don't view that as a serious thing.

Why?

Because they were essentially Beta Test units and by definition Beta's need to be examined in detail and each and every shortfall, each deviation from "perfect," needs to be mentioned in order to "improve the breed."

My SLS, for example, is an exceptional light with only one minor problem that bothers me. I did, however, list ALL of it's "problems" when asked.

Thing is, some of the problems - those deviations from "perfect" - are perfectly acceptable in most any real-life use.

For example, the finish is in three shades, and two different glosses, and there is a bit of a "swirl" pattern in the HA III at the bottom of the battery case. Are these defects? Probably. Do I consider them defects? Nope! They simply give my light some personality, and enhance it's "Industrial Modern" look.
grin.gif

The only "defect" in my SLS that bothers me (even though I did mention others in a discussion of SLS defects) is the fact it isn't as water resistant as I would have hoped, but then the hybrid units weren't supposed to be waterproof.
smile.gif

Bottom line? It's an excellent light.

tomsig01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.