right place at the right time

rala

Newly Enlightened
Just got home after spending the day at our local swap meet. In fact, I didn't feel like going. I just wanted to stay home and be lazy but the wife and kids wanted to go. So I got dressed and dragged myself out. Well, I was just trailing behind the family when something caught my eye. I saw a guy looking at a flashlight contemplating as to whether or not to get it. He decided not to and put it back in a bucket full of stuff. I hurried over and grabbed it. I asked my wife to ask the guy how much. He quickly said the flashlight was $2. Then he asked to see it. He opened it and saw the "expensive" batteries inside and changed the price to $15. I told him I would take it. He asked if I was sure I wanted it because he knows the batteries are like $10 each and they would cost more than the flashlight. I told him I just happened to have a few of those laying around, so yeah I'll take it. I gave him the $15 and as I walked away I overheard him say something to the other guy working with him and they started laughing. Well long story short, I just bought my very first Surefire....................................an almost mint condition M6 Millennium Series.:naughty:

Patriot

Flashaholic
You've gotta be kidding!! Hahaaa!! Very nice snag. Will you post some pics if you get a chance? That's cool man.:clap:

rala

Newly Enlightened
yeah, when my son gives me camera back. i just swapped out the batteries with the ones i just got from batterystation and it fired right up. i think it had the 500 lumen bulb in it. tho im not sure yet.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
OMG!:wow: That's an amazing price for a amazing light.

Too bad the other guy didn't know what it was actually worth. You should have told them the actual price after you bought it, they would have been :banghead:.

Do you have pictures?

Last edited:

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder how low you could have gotten the price with a little haggling... :laughing: Seriously, that's awesome. I should start going to yard sales.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
rala said:
I gave him the $15 and as I walked away I overheard him say something to the other guy working with him and they started laughing..
:grin2::laughing::laughing::laughing: Oh man, that's historical. :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Last edited:

Cydonia

Enlightened
rala said:
I gave him the $15 and as I walked away I overheard him say something to the other guy working with him and they started laughing.

It would have been fun to send the wife back a little later with a piece of paper saying "Thanks for the great deal on a SureFire M6... look it up online sometime..." or something to that effect. :grin2:

SCblur

Enlightened
HOLY CRAP! That's awesome. I've dreamed of stuff like this happening to me, but no luck yet. Congrats buddy, enjoy. If it were me, I don't think I could refrain from telling the guy how much the light is worth after I paid him, LOL.

rala

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I thought about telling him what it was really worth, but I was thinking about going back next week to see if he had any other goodies to pawn off on me for a ridiculously high price.

SCblur

Enlightened
rala said:
Yeah, I thought about telling him what it was really worth, but I was thinking about going back next week to see if he had any other goodies to pawn off on me for a ridiculously high price.
:sssh: You're a wiser man than I

rala

Newly Enlightened
here are some pics i just took. sorry about the quality i used my crappy cell phone. btw, i did try to bargain with him. it was obvious he didn't know about surefires so i tried to get him to lower the price because of the broken switch....."see it doesn't work, i pushed the button but it doesn't move." wink wink
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb210/rala_roco/SurefireM6007.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb210/rala_roco/SurefireM6008.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb210/rala_roco/SurefireM6005.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb210/rala_roco/SurefireM6004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

PurpleDrazi

Newly Enlightened
In the pen world, they call that a "sumgai" as in [when the next person who asks the seller] "oh sure, I *had* a Surefire M6, but I sold it to some guy for $15 earlier

:D

Francis

Brozneo

Enlightened
That story is brillant! If only those guys knew the real value of the M6... They were laughing, but in reality, you were the one! :grin2: GREAT STUFF!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I wouldn't rub the fellow's nose in it...I'd be humble & thankful for the deal. Like you say, he may have deals on something else!