LS too big

Status
Not open for further replies.

panama

Newly Enlightened
het evryone i just received my new ls1 rev 2 and it sure looks well made and boy is it bright BUT...its much bigger than i thought...i read that alot of you carry this everyday..is that true?..how many of you really have this on a key chain in your front jeans poclet all the time?..i also have an arc AAA that i do carry everyday which is noticeably smaller...let me know what you think...will i get used to it?

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have the 123 battery holder and clickie switch? I carried mine in my watch pocket on my jeans for a month without any problems.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Panama,
I am with you. I think the LS is just a bit large to carry in my front pocket. I may end up carrying it that way but if so I will have to remove the tube socks I am carrying now.

Seriously, I think it was better suited for key-chain carry prior to the TSP but I like the TSP better than the screw pack. I guess I can't have it all.

panama

Newly Enlightened
i'm not sure what the tsp vs tail click is?..my new ls has a twist on/off switch (the same part that you remove to insert the battery)..please explain the variations?

Banshee

Enlightened
Panama,

The TSP = Tail Switch Pack....Which is the official ARC HA-III tail switch...
tsp-123.jpg

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=31;t=000635

panama

Newly Enlightened
banshee,
does that mean i would take off my tail put this one on and then have a push button switch instead of a twist?..how much bigger does that make it?..do you suggest i get one?

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a minimum size limit, due to both LS with optics, and battery choice. Arc is making them as small as they can.

The Arc LS with 123 pack is the smallest LS flashlight available that I know of. The 1AA mode doesn't work with the Revision 2 circuit.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry my LS in my front pocket on my keychain. It's kinda big but you get used to it. I would rather have it than not. You can try putting it in your back pocket next to or under your wallet.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
It adds about 1/2 inch. TSP is also called a "clickie" as one can push lightly for momentary light or a harder push for constant on.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think its too big...i carry it one on a keychain and think it is just right....but then again I am used to carring a J Frame revolver in a pocket holster in right front pocket and ARC-Ls in left front pocket. An E2 on belt, and 9x23 Tanfoglio or CZ-75 behind right hip and Spyderco Pocket tool and cellphone on belt to keep the E2 company.

SFR

Newly Enlightened
I carry my Arc LS-123 "twisty" with only a glow ring attached in my right front pocket. It only bothers me if I'm also carrying a lot of loose change in my pocket. I forget I'm carrying it until I need it.

I carry my Arc AAA separately in a small satin rosary pouch. On my keychain I carry a Leatherman Micra and a glow ring.

At one point I had the LS-123, AAA, Micra, and glow ring all on my keychain. It was too much and so I separated it into what it is now.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't put it on my keychain. It's very comfortable in my watch pocket, where like sunspot, I don't feel it, even when sitting. It's not as comfortable just loose in the front pocket.

I've put a clickie switch on it now, and just leave it in my jacket pocket.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts