Adjustable Beam lights/not seen a good one

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand the merits of being able to go from spot to flood on a flashlight, unfortunatly I have never seen one with a nice beam while on anything but a spot.

Who has the cleanest beam practical light that is adjustable.

I have to admit, I have never seen the Streamlight adjustable beam in Action.

From what I have seen, I will always take fixed beam and hope that it is the right angle for the task at hand.

Empath

Flashaholic
That the PT Surge, and the Streamlight Scorpian is adjustable is not an important feature to me. However, I would say both do very well over a large portion of it's range of focus.

JoeyL

Enlightened
I agree. The Scorpion has a very good flood and a decent spot. The dark spots are minimal. I wish the UltraStinger was similar (since streamlight makes them both).
Otherwise I haven't seen any with a good adjustable beam.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JoeyL:
I agree. The Scorpion has a very good flood and a decent spot. The dark spots are minimal. I wish the UltraStinger was similar (since streamlight makes them both).
Otherwise I haven't seen any with a good adjustable beam.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In addition to the Scorpion and the Surge, the Legend LX has a surprisingly effective adjustable beam. All these lights have faceted reflectors. I have yet to see any smooth reflector adjustable focus light that had a decent beam at other than its primary focus setting.

Brightnorm