Mirror and LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

m-thew

Newly Enlightened
I guess it is human nature, you turn off all the lights and walk around the house like a prowler with your new flashlight. Eventually you end up in front of a mirror and shine the reflected light into your face.
OOps! Why didn't anyone tell me an LED could be so bright it'll stun you?
I got my new LS1 hybrid 2nd today and love it!!
Bright wide beam, much brighter than my gaglight AA with it's rings and yellow beam. I think they must have sent me a 1st not a 2nd, but let's not tell Mr. G. OK?
wink.gif

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by m-thew:
I guess it is human nature, you turn off all the lights and walk around the house like a prowler with your new flashlight. Eventually you end up in front of a mirror and shine the reflected light into your face...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I've done this myself. I live on the second floor of a house, where the first floor is a real estate agency. I have to walk through dark offices to get in and out of my apartment. I used to get spooked everytime my LS headlamp hit a mirror or even a glass door, but now I'm used to it. It still blinds me a bit, though.
cool.gif

m-thew

Newly Enlightened
Nope, I did it once with my US, that was enough!! wandered around with a white spot in my line of sight for 5 minutes.

m-thew

Newly Enlightened
Lux,
I hope you don't grab the attention of an alert LEO as you walk through the dark offices with your LS some night!

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by m-thew:
Lux,
I hope you don't grab the attention of an alert LEO as you walk through the dark offices with your LS some night!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It's funny that you mentioned this because I've been concerned about it for a while. Not too many cops drive by, but I've told the neighbors that if they see weird colored lights, they should assume it's me. So now I only go in and out with cyan, red/orange, green, or amber beams eminating from me!
yellowlaugh.gif
wink.gif

Luminocity

Newly Enlightened
Playing around with my SLS in my house one night got me a visit from the cops. The lights were all turned off and like a true Flashaholic, I was shining my SLS all over the place (testing the beam pattern and brightness out like I always do) on my way up the stairs to bed. Seems my neighbor saw the intense flashes of light from the SLS and thinking that we had a prowler in the house, called the cops!

Never heard them knock on the door though as I was fast asleep with the bedroom door shut and the ceiling fan on full speed when they showed up. The scary part is that they just left when nobody answered the door! My neighor told me all about this when I ran into him a couple of days later.

Even though it bothers me that they left, I'm glad they didn't break down my door when nobody answered!
yellowlaugh.gif

CNC Dan

Enlightened
they probably checked the doors and windows for signs of forced entry, shone their wussy lights in to see if anything looks ransacked and left. You wouldn't have noticed their lights of course.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use my lights all the time at night. I even take the trash down to the curb at night (sign of a true flashaholic). Never had a problem here, since there is no crime in my neighborhood. The neighbors are likely use to me by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.