• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Looking for BRIGHT cree mod with 2C or 2D

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Basically I'm wondering if there are any modded 2D or 2C lights, or even 3D or 3C, that are using the newest cree and produce an extremely bright light?

Have there been any uses of Maglights and their reflectors, with success?

Just curious. Thanks!

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, it looks like the first link is no longer being sold, and I don't like the idea of the small heatsink on the Terralux stuff. No one else doing anything? :-/

waynejitsu

Enlightened
Contact Gene43
He is doing mods on the Mag lights.
I have a 2D with his mod and it is better than I imagined it would be.
It is a very nice, very white beam.
For a Mag, this is MUCH better than ANY of the "brand name" mods I have tried.
I was always disappointed with the "brand name" mods and did not think there were any good mods for it...,
Until I got hold of Gene43 mods:)

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't give up on Gene Malkoff's drop-ins. I know he is sold at the present time, but he has said he is getting some help with the production of the heatsinks, so hopefully in the near future he will be able to keep up more with the demand for his excellent Mag upgrade.

And of course you can approach any of the excellent modders on this forum to help you with getting something built to your specifications.

We should be getting some reviews soon for the new TerraLux 2-3 cell drop-in too, so don't count that out either. :)

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys! I take it that the standard Mag reflector works well with the Cree then? I'll give Gene a PM. :)

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well.... Gene does sell a stippled reflector that would smooth out the beam.... at the cost of a little throw..... and some folks have played with adding the UCL lens that has a diffusion coating on it for a super flood beam.... but I would try it with the stock reflector first and see how you like it. Of course..... adding a regular UCL lens would be a good idea, and for only about $8-10 delivered will generally increase out-the-front light by up to 8-10%.