LS2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, as you know, we have been having problems getting good enough LEDs. We do have some LS2 LEDs and the tint is good but the flux isn't. So they work, they just are not the best.

We have been able to get good LEDs for the LS1 in the past. They are rare, but we have seen them.

Probally what we will do is take all our N rank LS2s and discount them. If we get any P rank LS2s, we will offer them. But for the time being, I am going to try to get some more P rank LS1 and offer those.

I will know more in a week or two. For now, the only LS we are selling is the SLS2 (blemished) for $90.

The website has been updated. We will be crediting the credit cards of all the people who have purchased the SLS2 from the start. $35 for each SLS2 purchased.

Once we have some first quality LS2s, we will be sending them to the dealers. They will also be available from our website.

Peter Gransee

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
Thanks for posting the update. I was on your website before the post was here and was wondering about the price change for the LS2 blems.

I also want to wish you and the Arc family a very happy holiday season. Take care and be well.
smile.gif

LLLean

Enlightened
Peter,

Thanks for the update and the great customer service. I started reading the ARC forum a week ago, and I've been most encouraged by your gracious and honest workings. You have a new customer here.

By the way, can you enlighten me on what constitutes an N rank and a P rank?

Much thanks.

- LL

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
All semiconductors have variances from part to part. With LEDs, this translates into differences in tint, beam artifacts, flux, forward voltage and other factors.

The Luxeon emitters come from Lumileds sorted by flux, tint and forward voltage. This is specified as an average and labeled on each reel.

(from memory, I will have to double check on monday)

Flux
M (average)
N (average)
O
P (really bright)
Q (very rare)

Tint
1 (quite green)
2 (greensish)
3 (ok)
4 (bluesish)
5 (purplish)

Vf
I
J
K (average)
L
M

Peter

JohnG

Enlightened
Will we have to wait for the "P" flux units to receive a pouch with it?

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Thanks for the update Peter. JohnG, good point about the pouches. Peter, how about letting some pouches go out the door now as an accessory item. You can still include them with the LS2 1sts, but no sense in waiting until them. There's many folks that would love that pouch now for everyday-carry.

sotyakr

Enlightened
Well, I think this just might do it. I was literally one click away from ordering a TSP-123 for my SLS1, but a little voice told me to wait. With this offer, it looks like the little voice was right. If the SLS2's are at least as bright, or perhaps a bit brighter than my (very good) SLS1, I'll be happy.

CiTY

Enlightened
Peter,
Is the Flux, Tint, and Vf, printed on the back of the led boards? Or are they just on the reels? How do you hand sort them? It must take time.
Ting

Deth

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by Gransee:
The website has been updated. We will be crediting the credit cards of all the people who have purchased the SLS2 from the start. $35 for each SLS2 purchased.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks Peter, your integrity is truly appreciated.

But honestly, if the light is less bright than even an original SLS, I'd still be far more interested in a replacement head once the output problems are solved. Otherwise, I should have simply paid $60 for an SLS.

GlockDoc

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, Peter! Just one more reason I will continue to purchase ARC products.

dark star

Enlightened
I just got one of the BlemLS2s. The light is less bright then the four LS1Rev2s I have, and it has a pea green tint(EDIT - as Chris says- A touch of lime). Alot of people thought the HD part would solve these problems, but NOOOOOO ! Well, now that I see I will get $35 back on it I am less unhappy. The "blemished" case is great, it is definitely a "first".

Deth

Newly Enlightened
Agreed dark star... the case, the tail switch, and the feel are "firsts" in my book. It's just too bad the actual output is not
frown.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, we posted a bunch of $35 credits to people who have bought the SLS2 at the old $125 price. These should start showing on your statements later this week. Let us know if we missed anyone!

I also updated the page to now show the parts at $90.

I think we will keep the seconds since those bin of LED are going to be more common than the really good stuff.

The more I think about it, it makes sense for us to have a good/better range on our LS line. We definately want to standardize on the LS2 for now to keep things as simple as possible- always a challenge.

It is unlikely that we will make anymore LS1. The dealers have the last of the stock. The only reason we would make more LS1 is if the LS2 LED was unavailable. The LS2 is now our lead fleet. In that line there is the LS2 first and the LS2 second. LS2 seconds (SLS2) are $90 and the LS2 firsts (LS2) are $150. Both come standard with the TSP-123 pack. The first quality unit also includes a battery and a nylon pouch.

As promised, I took a look at our stock of LEDs today and also called our rep. I was able to find a small number of P4 rank HDs. This time, before I announce the LS2 is available, I am going to test the beams and make sure they really are an improvement over our LS1.

Because of the holidays, expect these in January.

For now, the only LS we have available directly is the SLS2. The dealers also have some of the LS1. Most are the nice P4 rank. Check your favorite dealer!

I will keep you posted.

Peter Gransee

hilite

Newly Enlightened
LS-2 received today betrayed my expectation.

What equipped thin surface coating understands. However, it is regrettable that important brightness is dark. A part of spot may be bright. However, it is only a part. It is regrettable. However, I like the wonderful flashlight which the engineer of an arc makes. Although it is the middle of being the development in which various ideas were incorporated, it is believed that development is always continued. The best LS always believes that it is the newest LS. I evaluate efforts of an arc.

GlockDoc

Newly Enlightened
So if my blem isn't brighter than my SLS1, will I be able to return it and pay the difference for a first LS2?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome hilite! We love our Japanese fans! Japan represents our second largest market. My apologies for the dissapointment with the LS2. I also am sorry that I did not catch this sooner. The sample I based my opinion on was not part of the reel we used to go to production. My mistake.

We will take care of you of course! Please let us know what you would like Arc to do for you.

Peter Gransee

hilite

Newly Enlightened
thankful to Peter.
Development of new goods needs big efforts. The dialog in CPF. It thinks that it is the power of producing a wonderful thing. Respect is expressed to Peter who advances by progressing opinion exchange.
It holds great expectations for future LS.

Deth

Newly Enlightened
Peter,

As GlockDoc said above, would it be feasible to swap mine for a LS2 first when they become available (for the $60 price differential of course)? If the firsts are around the brightness level advertised, I'd be more than happy to part with the extra cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.