Imalent        

Thread: LS2 Update

Flashaholic*

Default LS2 Update

OK, as you know, we have been having problems getting good enough LEDs. We do have some LS2 LEDs and the tint is good but the flux isn't. So they work, they just are not the best.

We have been able to get good LEDs for the LS1 in the past. They are rare, but we have seen them.

Probally what we will do is take all our N rank LS2s and discount them. If we get any P rank LS2s, we will offer them. But for the time being, I am going to try to get some more P rank LS1 and offer those.

I will know more in a week or two. For now, the only LS we are selling is the SLS2 (blemished) for $90.

The website has been updated. We will be crediting the credit cards of all the people who have purchased the SLS2 from the start. $35 for each SLS2 purchased.

Once we have some first quality LS2s, we will be sending them to the dealers. They will also be available from our website.

Peter Gransee

Flashaholic

Default Re: LS2 Update

Thanks for posting the update. I was on your website before the post was here and was wondering about the price change for the LS2 blems.

I also want to wish you and the Arc family a very happy holiday season. Take care and be well. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

Peter,

Thanks for the update and the great customer service. I started reading the ARC forum a week ago, and I've been most encouraged by your gracious and honest workings. You have a new customer here.

By the way, can you enlighten me on what constitutes an N rank and a P rank?

Much thanks.

- LL

Flashaholic*

All semiconductors have variances from part to part. With LEDs, this translates into differences in tint, beam artifacts, flux, forward voltage and other factors.

The Luxeon emitters come from Lumileds sorted by flux, tint and forward voltage. This is specified as an average and labeled on each reel.

(from memory, I will have to double check on monday)

Flux
    M (average)
    N (average)
    O
    P (really bright)
    Q (very rare)

Tint
    1 (quite green)
    2 (greensish)
    3 (ok)
    4 (bluesish)
    5 (purplish)

Vf
    I
    J
    K (average)
    L
    M

Peter

Flashaholic

Will we have to wait for the "P" flux units to receive a pouch with it?

Thanks for the update Peter. JohnG, good point about the pouches. Peter, how about letting some pouches go out the door now as an accessory item. You can still include them with the LS2 1sts, but no sense in waiting until them. There's many folks that would love that pouch now for everyday-carry.

Well, I think this just might do it. I was literally one click away from ordering a TSP-123 for my SLS1, but a little voice told me to wait. With this offer, it looks like the little voice was right. If the SLS2's are at least as bright, or perhaps a bit brighter than my (very good) SLS1, I'll be happy.

Flashaholic*

Peter,
    Is the Flux, Tint, and Vf, printed on the back of the led boards? Or are they just on the reels? How do you hand sort them? It must take time.
    Ting

Flashaholic

Originally posted by Gransee:
    The website has been updated. We will be crediting the credit cards of all the people who have purchased the SLS2 from the start. $35 for each SLS2 purchased.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks Peter, your integrity is truly appreciated.

But honestly, if the light is less bright than even an original SLS, I'd still be far more interested in a replacement head once the output problems are solved. Otherwise, I should have simply paid $60 for an SLS.

Flashaholic

Thanks, Peter! Just one more reason I will continue to purchase ARC products.

Flashaholic

I just got one of the BlemLS2s. The light is less bright then the four LS1Rev2s I have, and it has a pea green tint(EDIT - as Chris says- A touch of lime). Alot of people thought the HD part would solve these problems, but NOOOOOO ! Well, now that I see I will get $35 back on it I am less unhappy. The "blemished" case is great, it is definitely a "first".

Flashaholic

Agreed dark star... the case, the tail switch, and the feel are "firsts" in my book. It's just too bad the actual output is not [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

OK, we posted a bunch of $35 credits to people who have bought the SLS2 at the old $125 price. These should start showing on your statements later this week. Let us know if we missed anyone!

I also updated the page to now show the parts at $90.

I think we will keep the seconds since those bin of LED are going to be more common than the really good stuff.

The more I think about it, it makes sense for us to have a good/better range on our LS line. We definately want to standardize on the LS2 for now to keep things as simple as possible- always a challenge.

It is unlikely that we will make anymore LS1. The dealers have the last of the stock. The only reason we would make more LS1 is if the LS2 LED was unavailable. The LS2 is now our lead fleet. In that line there is the LS2 first and the LS2 second. LS2 seconds (SLS2) are $90 and the LS2 firsts (LS2) are $150. Both come standard with the TSP-123 pack. The first quality unit also includes a battery and a nylon pouch.

As promised, I took a look at our stock of LEDs today and also called our rep. I was able to find a small number of P4 rank HDs. This time, before I announce the LS2 is available, I am going to test the beams and make sure they really are an improvement over our LS1.

Because of the holidays, expect these in January.

For now, the only LS we have available directly is the SLS2. The dealers also have some of the LS1. Most are the nice P4 rank. Check your favorite dealer!

I will keep you posted.

Peter Gransee

Unenlightened

LS-2 received today betrayed my expectation.

What equipped thin surface coating understands. However, it is regrettable that important brightness is dark. A part of spot may be bright. However, it is only a part. It is regrettable. However, I like the wonderful flashlight which the engineer of an arc makes. Although it is the middle of being the development in which various ideas were incorporated, it is believed that development is always continued. The best LS always believes that it is the newest LS. I evaluate efforts of an arc.

Flashaholic

So if my blem isn't brighter than my SLS1, will I be able to return it and pay the difference for a first LS2?

Flashaholic*

Welcome hilite! We love our Japanese fans! Japan represents our second largest market. My apologies for the dissapointment with the LS2. I also am sorry that I did not catch this sooner. The sample I based my opinion on was not part of the reel we used to go to production. My mistake.

We will take care of you of course! Please let us know what you would like Arc to do for you.

Peter Gransee

Unenlightened

thankful to Peter.
    Development of new goods needs big efforts. The dialog in CPF. It thinks that it is the power of producing a wonderful thing. Respect is expressed to Peter who advances by progressing opinion exchange.
    It holds great expectations for future LS.

Flashaholic

hilite - you said it better then me !

Can I special order a LS2 with a Q3? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

Peter,

As GlockDoc said above, would it be feasible to swap mine for a LS2 first when they become available (for the $60 price differential of course)? If the firsts are around the brightness level advertised, I'd be more than happy to part with the extra cash.

Flashaholic*

Deth, yes.

Sean, [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Peter

Peter...

You`ve been super to me during the entire course of our many dealings. (How`s that, guys, for buttering him up! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

When you get the "really bright" first run LS2`s, please save a couple for me and send me an email. I want to make that purchase.

And, BTW...I think the current LS2`s are extremely nice and a really good buy. I just want to get two more from the "best of the best" grouping!

As always...best wishes to you and Merri, and have a Merry Christmas!

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Have you tested them for waterproofness yet?

Enlightened

Hello,
    I am a fairly new "flashaholic" and have been holding off on a LS. I was under the impression I would be getting a top notch performing LS2 that just had some case blemishes. I am still new to the technical stuff about flux etc, but I am pretty sure I will not be getting what I had anticipated. I know you have excellent customer relations and will most likely work with me on this. I beleive my order recently shipped (flashlight-2820), the status page still shows the original $125 price, I am not sure if my card has been credited the new difference though yet.

BTW, I will love my Arc AAA LE! I saw you guys are in Tempe! I wish I could see my Buckeyes beat Miami! Too bad I did not win the "fiesta bowl student ticket lottery" after waiting 2 hours to get in line. =( I just got my BS degree this past friday the 13th. Sorry for going a bit OT! You guys have an extra ticket? I cannot afford the $1500 trip packages. =(
    hehe [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

Fiesta Bowl, Prodeje79?

It's all about the Orange Bowl!

Well, since I currently work at USC, am an alumnus, am married to a veteran staffer of 25 years, etc., it's sort of expected [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, back to the Arc lovin' [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

And thanks Peter... not only are you a true gentleman, but you run one hell of an honest business.

Flashaholic

Hey Prodeje79, welcome to the LS2 club ! (small and somewhat unhappy at the moment). Don't worry about your LS2, what you get in this shipment may not be so hot but in a month or so you will have a top notch LS2, Arcflashlight will take care of you. The flashlight you are getting may be the LS2 Preview Edition.

Flashaholic*

Originally posted by Sean:
    Have you tested them for waterproofness yet?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">We are yet to get enough spare units for a proper test. However, I am currently testing three SLS2 in 1.5 feet of water. I plan on leaving them immersed for 24 hours. I last checked them at 5 hours and they were all dry.

Although not the test I would prefer, it does indicate an improvement from our previous model.

Peter