BlemLS2 beam cross shape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
My blemished LS2 came today, and it is DEFINATELY white. So white, in fact, that against everything I own, only the focused Side Emitters were whiter in color.

The blemish is noticeable if you bring it out in broad daylight or shine a light on it (shading error, like spotted sahara type of pattern), but otherwise, very nice with minimal scratches

My only quirk with it is that the beam has a CROSS in it. Although the hotspot threw very well, the cross is "haunting" at closeup, like a vaunted omega star light being thrown at you. I saw it initially in one of the mods I got that had a high dome LS w/ collimator. It is very noticeable. It is LITERALLY like a STAR SHINNING IN THE SKY... If you can imagine it permanently twinkling in the high atmosphere, the cross resembles that. Is it supposed to have this beam characteristic?

Hmm... Maybe I'm too spoiled by the smooth, uniform beams of the older Arc-LSs and the mods???

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, that describes the beam geometry of the LS2 and LS3. The new HD process uses less phosphor so the die shape shows more clearly.

Peter Gransee

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like the X-Box!
grin.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have some pics here but they don't show what the naked eye can see. It's a cross/box pattern with a circle in the middle. It looks just like the top view of the microsoft X-Box. Bright circle in the middle of a fairly bright X on top of a dimmer square shape.
tongue.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sean, I didn't even think about it... That about sums up the beam pattern perfectly...

It's the X-Box LS!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
how does a ls2/x-box package deal sound? better than the x-bob/2 crap games they usually package together!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.