Fenix L2D: back pocket carry

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just thought I would pass this along, as it has worked well for me. I recently switched from a L1D CE (1xRCR123) to an L2D CE (2xNiMHAA) to improve the runtime. I found that the L2D works well (for me) carried vertically in my back pocket next to (and outboard of) my wallet. Its long enough for quick deployment, but only sticks out of my pocket about 0.5". And its no longer on my belt for the whole world to see. Plenty of light, plenty of runtime.

I'm constantly in search of the best EDC light with the best means of carry, and - for now - this is it.

cheers

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats a good way to carry a longer light, it is generally how I carry a larger light at night when one may be needed to back up my X1 or L0P which is EDC.

flashlightsnlasers

Newly Enlightened
I carry my X5 like that in the back pocket up vertically along the wallet,but this light fits entirely in the pocket can't even see it,for bigger lights like the t4 or t3 you can carry the wallet in your front pocket and run the light on the inside of the front pocket this way your light will never fall out,also if you like dockers pants with the deeper pockets you can carry almost any light these pants fit great especially good for gadgets...

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can carry a 1AAA sized light horizontally in the bottom of my back pocket without a problem.

I can carry a 1AA or CR123A light vertically next to my wallet, but have a problem with the light falling down into the pocket if I remove the wallet. That's uncomfortable.

A long light in the back pocket is uncomfortable when sitting down.

Short of sewing an extra, internal "flashlight" pocket, I need a way to keep a flashlight vertical in the back pocket regardless of the pocket's other contents. Something like a thin holster sewn to a flat square of leather might work.

Last edited:

Alteran

Enlightened
Where the grass is blue, up is down, and hamburger
I like my L1D-CE running an eneloop, I usually carry it in my front pocket or cargo poacket. I got one with a great tint, but bad ring, and I missed the ultra-smooth beam of my Neo T5. So far, glad press-n-seal works well, but it makes the hotspot extremely oval. Weird.

Personally, I hate putting anything but a wallet or something else thin and soft in my back pocket.