Theoreticall fenix heating result..

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hypothetically, lets say you have a P3D CE and you let it be on turbo for extended time periods, will it just become too hot to handle? Or will it shut down, or will it damage something and perminantly stop working?

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a SF 6P modded with a cree, flupic 900 mA and 18650.

After 15 mins running on full (without touching) the complete light is very warm but still possible to grab. Around 50 deg. C (122 deg. F) I suppose.

Should not be very different in the Fenix imho (but there is more material in the 6p and for sure way more heatsinking in the mod)
I think this message from Fenix is something like "dont drive with wooden clogs" or so, just to be on the very safe side.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
my fear is would it actually damage the unit. I dont mind slow cooking my hand but i dont want to damage the light.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I don't think Fenix has a thermal cutoff for their lights so it is recommended to place the light somewhere where the heat will be wicked away. It should not damage anything permanently unless you leave it hot for a while. If you leave it in your hands, then the heat will be transfered to your body and should be no problem.

ensile

Enlightened
lols. solder some finz onto the bezel, this would only work if it were sunk to the bezel material.

scottaw

Enlightened
Do you need your P3D on turbo that long?? Turbo on my P2D is cool for "check out this little rocket" but i rarely use more than medium for actually using it.

jayhackett03

Enlightened
i'm gonna be getting a P3D soon, i actually USE my lights. my L2P flickers now cause its been dropped into radiator fans, thrown around, carried, etc.

if my P3D dies because i use it hard, GOOD! i'm not afraid to burn up the LED if it helps me get the job done.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
jayhackett03 said:
i'm gonna be getting a P3D soon, i actually USE my lights. my L2P flickers now cause its been dropped into radiator fans, thrown around, carried, etc.

if my P3D dies because i use it hard, GOOD! i'm not afraid to burn up the LED if it helps me get the job done.

Hi, i have my P3D CE today, and its as awesome if not more awesome than my P2D CE,

The beam settings are slightly lower than P2D however turbo excells as it should. My beam on the p3d is slightly warm/yellow compared to clinical white. Very impressed indeed. LED is centered, build is perfect, now i just gotto wait for my cr123 carrier and some silicon greese and im all set..