CREE'd MAG Solitaire (pics)

Daylo

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, My friend at work managed to put this one together. I thought he was smokin' something when he said he was going to do it but he got it together and it actually works. This is his first attempt at a mod and he is currently working on refining what he has termed the "Mini-FrankenCree". You can bet that Mini-FrankenCree 1.1 will be with a new Solitaire supplied by me with some $$ to get my own. The output on the rechargeable battery kicks butt; he has already blinded several co-workers
evilgrin07.gif
This thing lights up entire rooms. The beam shot is from about 6" away from the wall and angled up. If you back it much further the whole wall is lit up and it pretty much washes out the JetBeam CL-E (which is on high) except for the hotspot. This thing is by far the smallest/brightest light I have ever come across. Enjoy the pics and let him know what you think.

Front.jpg

Front34.jpg

On.jpg

Beam.jpg

Daylo

Newly Enlightened
No run times yet, he just finished it and let me take it home for the pics. Its running on 3.6V 300mAH battery.

Daylo

Newly Enlightened
He had to "modify" the CREE LED, don't know how much info he wants out and about yet...sorry

Patriot

Flashaholic
That's shoehorned in there isn't it. I was just looking at the contruction of the LODCE compared to a mini mag and the mini is very light light and thin skinned. Must get warm quickly when it's fired up.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. I'd like to see someone fit a small aspheric lens on the outside of that to concentrate the beam somewhat. That might be pretty interesting. Another option for a mod to a Solitaire might be a Luxeon Rebel (a much smaller emitter) with a reflector installed.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks like a GREAT mod. I have a Jetbeam C-LE, a Cree modded Dorcy Super 1 Watt and a Fenix L2D already and I'm waiting for an AAA light w a top of the line emitter, and this looks exactly like what I want. I love the floody beam pattern. For an AAA light I'll be using it for close range - if I need throw, I use a bigger light.

joerky

Newly Enlightened
Daylo said:
No run times yet, he just finished it and let me take it home for the pics. Its running on 3.6V 300mAH battery.

Hi,

what is it for a battery with 3,6 Volt and AAA size?

Delta

Enlightened
Just needs a strike bezel for Self Defense!! LMAO

That had to be tough to do.

Daylo

Newly Enlightened
The battery is a rechargeable AAA. I do not believe it is protected but I'm not sure. Hopefully the builder will be joining the post soon.