dexlight vs l1d runtime regulation?

timcodes

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering how the dexlight compares to the fenix l1d in terms of regulation and output? From the pics it seems that the l1d beats the dexlight in both department, from the comparision outputs pictures here, and the dexlight run time graph in the dealextreme.

Is this correct?

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I would say that's a likely assessment. The dexlight is using a (modified?) Jetbeam MkIIX circuit, so I would expect it to be similar to that light. See a discussion of the efficiency comparison to the L1D-CE vs MkIIX here:
whats with the sudden dislike of pwm?

In any case, I wouldn't put too much stock in the runtime graphs from either DX or Kai. They use their inexpensive batteries for most of their testing, which doesn't generaslly compare well to the quality brand names used by most of us. Chevro's got the most reliable numbers around ...

timcodes

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply! In that case Chevro. Care to do run-time graphs for us to enlighten on the subject? I noticed there is only one graph in the dealextreme and there are none here for the dexlight. :)

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
timcodes said:
I noticed there is only one graph in the dealextreme and there are none here for the dexlight. :)
Well, no one has their Dexlights yet - shipping notices only went out this past weekend :). Except of course for a couple of users here who were sent advanced samples to review (but they are generally not set up for output measurements or runtimes). And final shipping versions may be a bit different (e.g. promise to increase PWM freq on low modes - but I'll believe that when I see it).

In the meantime, I expect Chevrofreak's results on the MkIIX will be very accurate forthe performance of this new light based on that circuit.