Vicomptel probs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stump

Newly Enlightened
I'm fairly new to flashoholicism and mostly have been lurking for a while. I mentioned to the wife a while back that I was going to get an Arc AAA one of these days and she decided to surprise me for Christmas. At the Arc website she selected Vicomptel as one of their dealers and ended up ordering an Arc LE. She explained that it was a Christmas gift and provided a different email address for them to use if there were any problems. Cyrus Hung didn't use the address she asked him to use and spoiled the surprise by emailing her at my address. She emailed back indicating her displeasure and also changed it from the Arc LE to an Arc AAA.
She also asked him to verify shipping cost and he never replied! Now she can't get any reply from him.
The Vicomptel website says they ship 3-day but it's been 12 days. She asked me to post with you guys and ask if it was a mistake to give these folks her credit card number.

GADGETOMETRY

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Cyrus has been a really good dealer to me.

All my current internet shipments have been delayed due to the holiday's......This is to be expected...

I also don't think he sent the email purposely he's always been nice to me.

Aloha

dark star

Enlightened
I had nothing but problems dealing with Vicomptel a few months ago on ordering an LS. Emails were never returned, he was impossible to reach on phone. There were always excuses (posted in the dealers section on CPF), email server down, then his hard drive crashed, etc. I tried very hard to get in touch with this guy. I never did get my order, but he never did charge my credit card.

Saaby

Flashaholic
I just completed an order with him sucessfully--granted it was a Photon and not an Arc.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered an Arc-AAA and an Opalec from him. It took four weeks for delivery. He threw in a free Photon (the new inexpensive model) as a kiss and make up.
Cyrus is a very nice person but I believe he does not quite have his act together.

Alien

Newly Enlightened
I've ordered a couple times from them. The service was good and fast. A bit slow on the email side. In my last order one Photon was missing, they offered their excuses (and it should arrive soon on the mail). I will buy from them again.
Daniel

Sproing

Newly Enlightened
I ordered an Arc AAA and a photon the beginning of last week but I still haven't received anything yet. I have emailed them a couple times to see if they have shipped my lights yet but they haven't answered for days. Judging from this post I probably shouldn't be expecting them anytime soon. I ordered them last monday hoping to get them in time to bring them with me on my vacation this coming saturday, but it looks like its not going to happen.

It's too bad that they are kind of flakey because their prices are very good and shipping cost to almost anywhere is very cheap.

stump

Newly Enlightened
My wife got a reply today. After 12 days she now learns that they've shipped all that they had instock but hope to get more "soon". As she put it, "Now that it's too late to order anyway else.......". If they ever come through, I'll post the results.

mst3k

Enlightened
I ordered from them and received my shipment very quickly. Unfortuneatly my brand new LS1 rev2 died after less than a week. Its now in the hands of Peter and Mary. We are still working out what is going to happen next as they don't make the LS1 anymore. I'm not worried though as they seem like really caring wonderful people. I just miss my little light.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The Gransees are indeed exceptional people. I've been trying to call the # for Arc recently, but it's been busy every time. I suspect they are busy conducting their exceptional customer service :) My EDC LS1 is now beginning to exhibit some problems. Maybe flex? It turns on, but appears to be functioning full-time in moon mode now. I could just cry,... because it's a gem of an LS. Absolutely perfectly centered, and normally very bright. Sadly, I can't remember if this is a first or a second. I think it might actually be second, but I've bought close to 20 Arcs, firsts and seconds, and this is my favorite. I just can't remember for sure. I hate to be without it, but want to see if it can be repaired. I would be more than happy to pay for it, since I can't remember what it is. Peter? What should I do? Thanks!

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The phone has been busy? I guess we have been on the phone alot lately. I know we are also behind on our email.

What would I do? Let us try to fix the light, if it doesn't respond to treatment, you can apply it as a credit toward another one of our lights.

Peter

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered 3 arc aaa from them and arrive within less than a week. The service was very good, the prices are excellent and thus, i would buy from them again. yes, it is true that the mail thingies were kind of slow on the guy, but unless you was short on time, it is not a problem.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Two orders no problems, fast shipping on ARC AAA's. I did notice slow e-mail but that's okey when your order arrives in 4 days.

bigwaveohs

Newly Enlightened
Glow-Bug is excellent. Received my AAA in less than a week.
Picked up spare o-ring and foam spacer from Arc, also in less than a week.
Nice going guys!

BargainMonkey

Newly Enlightened
I think this may be my first post. I've been lurking for a while.

I ordered a couple of Arc AAA's from Vicomptel a few weeks back and had no problems. I emailed twice and received a response within a few hours both times. I received the package in two days I believe. Was very happy and would order again. Also really like Texas Tactical Supply. They have great prices and really fast service as well.

nyyanks

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a Arc LE from Vicomptel about a month ago and the website indicates they are backordered till Feb.?? Can this be true? When will Vicomptel be getting more LE's

sotyakr

Enlightened
I've placed a couple orders with Cyrus for Arc AAA's. The first was for a single Arc a few months ago. Confirmation came within hours, and it was received within a few days of order. The second order (placed Thanksgiving weekend) was for three pieces, and after a couple day's delay in confirmation, again they were delivered shortly thereafter.

Although inventory can be a bit sporadic (and I suspect this applies to many Arc dealers), their delivered prices certainly are competitive - even factoring in sales tax for CA residents.

I'd order from Vicomptel again without hesitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.