A car running on water !!

Led_Blind

Enlightened
Errr, you all realise water is the ash of burning hydrogen in air, its completely combusted. Claming a car can run on water alone is like saying "hey i can breathe and live on CO2"

I know you can obtain small electric currents out of water, but that is using dissolved minerals in the water.

edit- just read the information.... er i have to spark my aluminium to make sure it has the correct polarity(huh) and cant use copper as its charge is wrong(wtf). I am completely convinced that this is legitimate! :p

Last edited:

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this is the one that's been floating around for a while, it's nearly complete BS. Getting fuel out of water goes back over 100 years but no one has yet to make it efficient or worthwhile.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
He calls it a "cosmic water cell". :crackup: Unless someone is an astronomer or astrophysicist by trade I automatically get suspicious anytime someone throws the word "cosmic" into the name of an invention. Now I'll admit there may be some validiity in that maybe you get 1.0000000001 watts out if you put 1 watt in, but that's such a ridiculously small percentage that even scaled up by a factor of a trillion it wouldn't be all that useful. I think that's what is at the heart of the problem with most of these free energy schemes.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are running a Joe cell. I came across these many years ago. I researched it and there are claims it works but they are difficult to implement. I've never personally seen one so can't say much else except it is supposed to use 'orgone' energy or hydrino's. See http://www.blacklightpower.com/applications.shtml#Power for info on Hydrino's and another new energy source. These researchers have an extensive research lab. And for all you who seem to have such extensive physics knowledge here Blacklight power is looking for a plasma physicist/research engineer.

Last edited:

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. They have videos of the guys pouring "water" into balloons and burning it. Looks like some sort of alcohol.

WNG

Enlightened
Holy Gaia!
:D

Yeah, that video was pure nonsense and at least made me laugh.

Another snake oil salesman, trying to peddle a concept call water injection as a miracle battery/energy source.

First off, a carb holds several ounces of gasoline in its float bowls. That alone can keep a car idling for quite a while. Even drive a few miles.

How do you really know it's water? Looks like alcohol to me. Why, the blue flames are a dead giveaway.

And the amount of water running into the carb, is NOT enough to hydrolock the engine. Especially when it's being revved at high rpm.
That is the oldest method known to clean out dirty combustion chambers.
You add a steady stream of water into the intake.
Look up "water injection". It has a bunch of benefits, and used in WW2 in aircraft engines.

How about the car that runs on urine? Let's discuss that one. At least it's a real concept and Mercedes Benz built it.
:D

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Water mist injection systems have been around for many years, I first encountered them in the 80s when I worked in an auto dealership. Supposedly they gave better gas mileage and a considerable boost in power. What they actually did was wreck the top of the pistons. The one I saw looked like someone had hammered it with a body hammer pick. it was pockmarked and pitted. I was not impressed enough to remember what other consequenses they had.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Water mist injection systems do work--they help raise the apparent octane of the gasoline and can be used with super/turbo chargers (cools the newly compressed air to keep intake temperatures down). And, back in the 1960's water injection was even used in turbojet (older engine technology--not the turbofan type engines of today) planes to increase power for takeoff (remember the black trail of smoke when jet planes used to take off).

But has nothing to do with Byron's energy cell (electrolysis unit to produce hydrogen and oxygen?).

-Bill

Led_Blind

Enlightened
But look the bubbles keep rising several minutes after you remove the power..... what a load....

Something of real interest, there was a science journal that discussed ways of more efficiently removing the H2 from the H20. They discussed several titanium based materials that almost spontaneously liberated the H2 but sacrificed the Ti in the process. I cannot remember much more but if someone else saw this feel free to add.

It sounded promising but the thought of running my car on titanium…..

knot

Banned
BB said:
Water mist injection systems do work--they help raise the apparent octane of the gasoline and can be used with super/turbo chargers (cools the newly compressed air to keep intake temperatures down). And, back in the 1960's water injection was even used in turbojet (older engine technology--not the turbofan type engines of today) planes to increase power for takeoff (remember the black trail of smoke when jet planes used to take off).

-Bill

Only application is for emergency sprint power for turbosupercharged fighter planes, at altitude. http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/1802932.html?page=4

labrat

Enlightened
BB said:
-Bill

Still in use today in turboprop-engines, like the P3 Orions and Hercules military aircrafts.
A P3B Orion uses some 800 liters of waters during a take-off in hot and dry conditions, to increase power!