Can I get some replacement 'washers' for my Arc AAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagheera

Newly Enlightened
Can I get some replacement \'washers\' for my Arc AAA

Dear Sir,

I have been the proud owner of two Arc 1 LED AAA flashlights, a friend bought them just when you introduced them, I even had to wait extra for their delivery to the dealer, so I guess they belong to the first batch you ever made.
One has a green LED the other a white LED.

From the start I noticed that the white Led's beam is not really centered to the body, I mean to say when I point the body strait to a spot on the wall the center of the beam is relly off center.
This however I can live with but the sticky small compressable plastic foam ring that keeps the battery from rattling and also from making contact unless you screw down the head has been contantly annoying me since I got both lights.

Somehow the adhesive doesn't really stick, so the foam ring doesn't really stick to the head. This means that when I need to change batteries the foam ring stays in the barrel and by hitting the barrel on my hand I need to propell the foam ring out together with the battery and I need to use a lot of force, which sometimes causes it to fly... somewhere and when that happens (it did) while out with our scouts camping you really have to search otherwise the led lamp doesn't work anymore.

Lately ( since half a year)I really need to fasten the head very tight to make contact at all which is also very annoying, I probably traced this to the foam ring not staying on the head and so shifting a little bit to one side when screwing on the head on the barrel and this causing the central hole (contact hole) in the foam ring to not be exactly in the middle anymore and so blocking the making of a decent contact with the AAA battery. Also the heads center contact area is not really "protuding".

As I'm living in the Netherlands and having already spend $50+ for both lights + postage to the Netherlands,I'm wondering if it is possible to get a few new foam rings that stay on the heads? or get exchange heads that have a "better" contact area. Do I need to send in the lights to the US? to you to have them repared as this will 1.cost at least $10 on postage for registered Airmail and the whole process will take weeks.

I don't have an address as both lights came only in a small plastic ziplock baggie with no extra info besides a small sticker saying "green" and "white" when I received them.

By the way do the current versions of the ARC AAA have a different foam ring/contact area and do they have better centering of the LED ?

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Happy and Prosperous New Year,

Best Scouting wishes from Holland,

Bagheera
Scouting de Bevers

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Can I get some replacement \'washers\' for my Arc AAA

Hello Bagheera. Yes, we do provide free retainers and o-rings for the Arc-AAA. We require you to pay shipping of course.

I would really rather replace the entire unit so you can take advantage of the latest version. Please send an email to us!

Peter Gransee

JackBlades

Enlightened

Originally posted by Gransee:
I would really rather replace the entire unit so you can take advantage of the latest version. Peter Gransee
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Now THAT is some first class customer service!
icon14.gif

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Peter..How can we tell if we have the latest version of the AAA or LE? Are there specific features or markings that will indicate what we have?

Marty

Bagheera

Newly Enlightened

Mr Gransee,

I just finished my diner and found the reply on my email account, this is unbelievable, just great I'll send you an email on the address on the www.arcflashlight.com site.
I guess I have the 1.0 version of the Arc AAA.

Piet (pronounced as Pete) Bagheera is my Scouting name
Scouting de Bevers

Bagheera

Newly Enlightened

Mr Gransee,

I send an email to [email protected] yesterday evening (about noon your time) so hopefully I'll hear something back as I could send of the Arc AAA's tomorrow (Saturday) by registered Airmail towards you.

Bagheera

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

your sending away a little piece of arc history you know...

peter, would you be willing to sell that? i wouldn't expect a warranty, but close to or under $10, i would be happy
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.