Simple water testing of Arc-LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be interested in water proof test results for freezing as well as very warm water (upper temperature limit of Arc LS).

Edit - PS This is good news Peter. I know this has been an elusive target with all the design changes...

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
3, rev2 LS with TSP-123 packs immersed in 1.5 feet of water for 24 hours.

All of the units tested where still dry after 24 hours of immersion.

Next test will be deeper and involve a larger sampling of LSs.

Peter Gransee

yclo

Flashaholic*
Although the older version hybrid, I've been water testing a modified LS too.

This SLS has been modified with the idea borrowed from the other thread where sealant is used around the optic, and the circuit potted with epoxy.

After sealing, the optics do not leak at all, and the Kroll tailswitch proves to be water resistant also if screwed on tightly.

However the one week link is that the o-ring seems to be either too small or the lip of the head is too wide, after lubing it can be turned very easily and perhaps too easily. A second o-ring of the same size (which I robbed another battery pack for) can be fitted just above the first o-ring. This might provide for a better seal until I can find another thicker o-ring.

Peter, if you don't mind me asking, what are the diamensions for the o-rings used? And have you considered using two o-rings since no changes need to be made to the pack?

-YC

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have put my LS rev2 in two feet for a few days. I want to take it diving but that will have to wait until April.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.