Arc AAA yellow or blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bright Scouter

Enlightened
Has anyone seen either a yellow or blue AAA for sale anywhere? I've managed to pick up most of the other colors, but have not found anyone that has either one of those for sale since they were discontinued. Thanks.

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
Couldn't help myself on the blue "AAA" either. Looks like these are going to get real hard to find in the near future. Can anybody comment on the blue vs white or turquoise? Thanks.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Gone Jeepin:
Couldn't help myself on the blue "AAA" either. Looks like these are going to get real hard to find in the near future. Can anybody comment on the blue vs white or turquoise? Thanks.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hi Gone Jeepin...

From my experience, you`ll find that:

1) The turquoise Arc AAA is the brightest of the three colors you mention, with a very pretty colored beam of blue-green light. The actual color can vary, though, as some are more "green" in color than others.

2) The white Arc AAA, of course, is simply a "must-have" light that I use the most, because you can see the true colors of what you`re looking at.

3) The blue is a very nice Arc AAA, and I`m giving a bunch of them as Christmas gifts to the people in my law firm this coming Monday. You can use it in the middle of the night to very gently light up a whole room, but it doesn`t seem to affect your night vision as much as other colored beams. (Also, although I haven`t tried it out yet for this purpose, you can apparently see blood trails more easily with blue LED`s...when hunting or at a crime scene, etc.)

My best advice...get as many different colors in the Arc AAA as you can while you can still get them!

Best wishes to you, and enjoy!

smile.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Bright Scouter:
Thanks,

I just placed an order. Now, on to finding a yellow one!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Del...

If you`d like, send an email to me (not a PM). I might be able to help you out with the yellow Arc AAA.

Best wishes.

smile.gif

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
Carpe Diem,
Thanks. I am very fond of my LE and standard white Arcs. You are quite right in that they are the "must have" lights The Turquoise EV is really bright, it really took me by suprise when I fired it up. I think the blue will be a very welcome addition to the collection. I can hardly wait for it to arrive.
Happy New Year!!!

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Turquoise is my favorite, and in fact the only ARC AAA that I actually carry and use on a EDC basis. (I have two spares just in case!) I had blue and white, but found them to shift color perception a bit to much (blue) or just not be quite as bright as I hoped for (white). The Turq. impresses the heck out of me every time that I turn it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.