• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: The Original Aspheric Mag!! ~~Price Drop $180~~

cryhavok

Enlightened
Hey Everyone,

I have for sale my "crowned cyclops" aka the original aspheric mag. This is the first of its kind and the light that inspired others to provide them here. Amazingly bright and a thrower like no other. This light is the one shown in the thread here

IMG_0192.jpg

Note: The light will NOT include the KIU strike bezel. It will use the stock maglight bezel.

It is a cut-down blue host with tailswitch and REGULATED at 1.5A via GD1500. It also has glow epoxy around the XR-E P4 emitter which emits a very bright doughnut of glow after the light is on for a second or two. I can easily navigate in a dark room with just the glow of the glowepoxy (Ultra Green Plus from GlowInc)

The light has 1 small 5mm scratch (more like an indent) that does not remove the annodize on the head. Very hard to see. Also 3 very small specks of annodize missing right where the bezel ring meets the head. Other than that, the light is perfect.

The lens used is a 52mm diameter x 37mm focal length aspheric lens. This lens is MUCH more powerful than the 50mm diameter x 35mm focal length used in another light offered here. Regardless of what the math says as to how both will capture the same amount of light, refer to the thread that I posted above and you will see that the 52mm has a much greater height. I have both the 50mm and 52mm lenses (in fact, this light started with the 50x35mm lens) but after trying out the 52mm, the 50mm cannot compare. I easily achieve +15,000 lux@1 meter when using the 52mm as compared to the 50mm when keeping everything else constant.

The light will go for $180 shipped CONUS via priority mail. Paypal preferred (+4% if CC). Ins. optional and buyer's expense. Will ship international for an additional cost of global priority mail. Postings in this thread take priority. :thanks:

SOLD and SHIPPED :grin2:

Last edited:

Ledean

Enlightened
Re: FS: The Original Aspheric Mag!! Price Drop

Good to see the original mag.
Do you by any chance have beamshot comparison between the 50 mm and the 52 mm aspherical lens.
The 50 mm's surface area is 7850 sq.mm . Where as the surface area of the 52mm aspherical lens is 8490 sq.mm.

Last edited:

PursuitSS

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: The Original Aspheric Mag!! Price Drop

I can't believe no one has jumped on this yet! If I didn't have several other projects running I'd be all over this.

PursuitSS

cryhavok

Enlightened
Re: FS: The Original Aspheric Mag!! ~~Price Drop~~

Bump again...Can't go any lower than $180 so that is the final price! Keep in mind this light is REGULATED with a GD converter set at 1500mA!!

dksd39

Newly Enlightened

Would you be willing to include the Bezel as pictured?

Lexus

Enlightened

I'll take it.

EDIT: PM sent.

Last edited:

sancho886

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: The Original Aspheric Mag!! ~~Price Drop $180~~

Open for any trades? (If Lexus doesnt take it)

cryhavok

Enlightened

Thanks for the interest, guys. PM sent to Lexus and we'll go from there :D

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast

Missed another

Lexus

Enlightened

Got the light today. Killer throw! :D