Tiny Cree RCR123: bright!

DoubleDutch

Enlightened
The Netherlands - one foot below sea level
I just received this little pocket rocket from Quality Chinagoods:

http://www.qualitychinagoods.com/super-bright-cree-lir123a-p-628.html

Machining is very good. Only thing I can find are some slight imperfections in the reflector where it meets the lense. Water resistance seems to be O.K.

Battery rattle is easily solved with a piece of paper around the battery, and a piece of foam in the back.

This is one bright little light! It blows away my Orb Raw, and is hardly larger. Guesstimated brightess: 120-130 Lumen or so. Very white centre beam (not the nice ivory as my DeCree, though, but cooler), with ample spill.

I can't get over how tiny it is for its brightness. Very nice olive drab finish as well. And: guilt free lumens. I have a bunch of Powerizer RCR123's, so feeding it will be no problem at all. And a steal for this price.

It has now replaced my Civictor as brightest EDC (inside my waistband). I'll see how it will hold. Runtime must be 30-35 minutes.

Just thought I'd let you all know.
Happy Lumens!

Kees

OLD_BJC

Newly Enlightened
Why does this flashlight from Quality China Goods say USA on the side?:thinking:

3W%20Super%20Bright.jpg

Last edited:

LightScene

Enlightened
That's the same as the SEMILAR from Kaidomain.com that I mini-reviewed earlier in a 'P1 clone' thread. It has an orange peel reflector. No rings, and no donut hole.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the Zulema from KaiDomain. That's the one I've got. Very bright and white. At least as bright as my SF L4 (pretty impressive since my L4 costs about $160.00 and the Zulema costs about $19.00). Well worth every penny. I dare say every flashaholic should get at least one. It makes me smile every time I turn it on. I use it at work a lot and every time I show it to someone, they think it's cute, then they turn it on, usually while looking into the business end. Typically, they snap their heads back while saying some expletive and saying how bright it is. They probably expect it to perform like one of those 99 cent keychain lights from Wally World that you have to look into to see any light.

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
T4R06 said:
take a look at this:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/164703

HAIII for $20.49 shipped.
very bright and it has clip :)

received mine yesterday - damn it was so good & bright on rcr123 3.6v.
brighter than my P1D CE on rcr123 3.6v.
the built quality is very2 good and it's heavier than P1D CE.
I just feel like a single stage P1 but with a cree :whistle:

T4R06

Enlightened
nanotech17 said:
received mine yesterday - damn it was so good & bright on rcr123 3.6v.
brighter than my P1D CE on rcr123 3.6v.
the built quality is very2 good and it's heavier than P1D CE.
I just feel like a single stage P1 but with a cree :whistle:

its been 2weeks now im still enjoying it :)
rocksolid and anodising is great.

i really love how the clip works

LightScene

Enlightened
The Zulema and the Semilar seem to be the same thing.

I'm happy to see that kaidomain is working again.

HarveyRich

Enlightened
Looks like the Kaidomain "semilar" (maybe a slightly different version), which I reviewed in this thread:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=162485.

It's a great little light and very bright. However, I prefer my Fenix LOD-CE for EDC. The LOD-CE is about 5/16" longer, but it's much thinner since it uses a AAA or 10440 size battery. On 10440 on high it is extremely bright too. I'm not knocking the RCR123 light, but it's just a bit wide for my pockets. Also, it gets only about 35 mins of runtime on one RCR123 battery.

LightScene

Enlightened
T4R06 is talking about the Ultrafire 602D CE, HA.
The 142lm Zulema and Semilar don't have a clip or HA but are $5 cheaper.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
LightScene said:
T4R06 is talking about the Ultrafire 602D CE, HA.
The 142lm Zulema and Semilar don't have a clip or HA but are $5 cheaper.

This is the Ultrafire 602D CE Type III HA.

602dce002smallpv9.jpg

602dce003smallps6.jpg

henry33

Newly Enlightened
I believe it's also similiar to the one on Dealextreme and they're priced at $14.99 with free shipping. Just got mine recently and it's bright.

It's at http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2821

Of course it does get really hot after a little bit. Very cute and I showed it to a couple of people who were really surprised at how bright it is.

rala

Newly Enlightened
does anyone know which of these single cr123 lights has the most output? i have quite a few cells left over from my incandescents that need to be sucked dry. i'd really hate for them to go to waste. of course i'd throw in a fresh primary once in a while.

RustyKnee

Enlightened
I see its 20mm diameter.....is that the mody or the reflector?

I know its prbablythe body....hoping that 20mm x 15mm refelctors can be swapped in :). Might make a good host for a bike light project

Stu

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
rala said:
does anyone know which of these single cr123 lights has the most output? i have quite a few cells left over from my incandescents that need to be sucked dry. i'd really hate for them to go to waste. of course i'd throw in a fresh primary once in a while.

The one with the most output may not be the best one to suck cells dry.