New (to me) music service.

goldenlight

Enlightened
I found this on another board.

www.pandora.com

It is a streaming music over internet that lets you set up customizable 'radio stations' containing a type or genre of music you like. As many as you like, like buttons on a radio. Very easy interface to use.

I have set one up to play old piano music (ragtime and the like) and another to play pop music from the 20's to the 40's.

As songs play, you can refine your 'station' by telling Pandora you like or don't like the piece playing.

The way it's set up, you can't download the music....unless you happen to have audio capture software. It's not like downloading music: you have to manually start and stop it, and then title the file, etc.

So I won't be saving much music, but from now on, there will *always* be music I like playing while I use my computer.

Highly recommended!

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't access that website :ohgeez: :

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for most listeners located outside of the U.S.

(I could use a proxy server to access that website, but I don't really want to)

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have used it, and know other users. I think it uses amazon's streaming audio, or at least they have links to amazon to buy the music.

It's a good way to introduce yourself to new bands from genres you like.

gromit

Newly Enlightened
I've been using Pandora for a few weeks now. I use it with my Sonos music system, easy to use. I also use Rhapsody and love it.