A unique application for the Arc AAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I work at a high tech electronics company where we produce sophisticated medical electronics. We have made the guts of the bomb scanners in which you will see appearing at more and more US airports but we do much more as well. I have discovered since I got one of the very first issued Arc AAA's at how nice the light is for being able to read the information stamped on an electronic integrated circuit (IC) chip which tend to run very small these days. It makes the stamped information stand out much more clearly then it does under incandescent light or normal room lighting as well. I was at a meeting with several high ranking engineers when we needed to identify a particular IC from a prototype board we are developing. I whipped out my Arc AAA and was able to immediately identify the identification of the IC. The parties in attendance were suitably impressed as of course no one had seen this light and it was remarked why wasn't this light standard issue. I said it could be for $30 thinking of making some money out of it myself. I'm fairly sure nothing will come of it but it shows yet another application of this amazing product.

darkgear.com

Enlightened
This is very true. One of my customers locally is a well known gun maker but they have diversified into many fields like titanium casting for golf clubs to indy car wheels. They also are into electronics. The QC dept uses Arc AAAs to inpect parts.

Best regards,
Randy

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
I agree entirely. I carry an Arc "AAA" with me always and am using it at work to read tags on network equipment, stampings on lock hardware, etc. It makes all the difference in the world. It makes a world of difference, even in a well light room. I often wonder how I did without it.

MicroE

Enlightened
I do quality audits. Have you ever tried to read the tiny serial numbers off the back-side label on a piece of equipment so that the calibration records can be confirmed? The AAA is great for this type of application. On every audit I bring a pad, a pen, and a Arc!---Marc

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I work on medical equipment and use my Streamlight Batonlite (3 LEDs) to read chips, etc. White LEDs really kick butt for reading those tiny markings
smile.gif
It is good to know that an ARC LE (or is it premium now?) will work for that particular habit. February is coming...

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i found the arc aaa very handy for reading tiny part numbers too.
i use the ls to find cracks in pc boards too.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the Arc AAA to read menu's, tv guides, pill bottles etc. I must be alot older than you guys...lol

Darell

Flashaholic
My AAA's are used daily to entertain my daughter, terrorize the dog, impress acquaintances and to see stuff in the dark. Not neccessarily in that order.

Status
Not open for further replies.