Fenix L2D CE questions...

cutlerylover

Banned
I was wondering what 2AA lights are equal or better than the Fenix L2D CE that are under the $60 price tag? I can't think of any that compare...Also I want to buy one but I was thinkign about getting the L1D CE and buying the L2D spare tube...could I use the same head with one or 2 AA's?

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Firstly, my sons and I think that the L2D CE is the best 2x AA light around at this moment (value for money)

The L1D, L2D and P2D heads are the same. They can all be used with either 1x AA, 2x AA or 1x CR123 battery, depending on the body that comes with it. The L1D and L2D spare bodies are available, the P2D body has just been made available. Have a look at the various prices of these lights and then decide in what combination of light/spare body/tailcap you will get them in.....also remember that the tailcaps on the L1D and L2D are not the same as on the P2D, slight difference in diameter.

Last edited:

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
I have the L1D-CE and I'm not sure that there is a better 2-AA light than the 1 or 2 in that price range. They are great little lights for the money and I would highly recommend either.:)

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to think about it a bit. I have to agree with the previous posts that you will be hard pressed to find a better deal for the price.

cutlerylover

Banned
Thanks guys! I figured its about the best in its price range...Fenix lights are HARD to beat for the price...Bright LED's! Compact size! and good quality...Ok, now I just gotta save up a some $ to get one...

wykeite

Newly Enlightened
With all the talk of badly centred emitters, I had a look at my L2D-CE. Yes it is off centre but only by a gnat's whisker, I'd estimate 5-10 thou, well within an acceptable tolerance, I'd love to see an incandescent with a bulb fitted with such precision. Maybe I was lucky and got one of the better ones. It doesn't make a bit of difference to the beam IMHO, I'm very happy with it. Great quality, fantastic regulation-unbeaten in it's price/specification range.

Makes my M*g 3D look like a terminal case so it may just have to hear the ROP:naughty: .

Last edited:

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
You would be better getting the L1D CE and buying the L2D spare tube.
The heads for the L2D / L1D are identical

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lumens are the the same for low-medium-high, but Turbo mode will be less.
Turbo mode on 1AA is 90 lumens (no noticeable difference over high), but on 2AA the Turbo has about 125 lumens.

cutlerylover

Banned
TORCH_BOY said:
You would be better getting the L1D CE and buying the L2D spare tube.
The heads for the L2D / L1D are identical

EXACTLY what I was thinking...mostly becasue the fenix store is out of stock on the L2D Ce anyway...but for $75 I can switch back and forth depending on the situation... :grin2:

Now...Its only a matter of $75 :thinking: :broke: :mecry: :shrug: :ohgeez: :sigh: