Cree drop in for a Surefire G2

Glock40

Newly Enlightened
I am sure this has been discused many times but my search function is on strike today. What are my options on a cree drop in for my G2. Maybe also post a link to where they can be purchased. Thanks in advance.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are several options. I haven't' used them all. I am using a Wolf Eyes D26 XR-E Cree. It is one of the more expensive drop-ins. I bought mine from Pacific Tactical Solutions. Make sure to also buy (check the box)) the Spring for Surefire flashlight applications for it to work correctly in the G2. Mine works perfectly in all my 2-cell Surefires. Much brighter than a P60 and near the P61 bulbs. Runtime is twice as long as the stock bulb. Since the bulb is rated 3.7V to 13V you can also use it in your 3-cell Surefires. You can use it in a 2-cell Surefire light with one 16760 rechargable or two CR123's. You can use it in a 3-cell Surefire light with two 17500 rechargables or 3 CR123's.

Last edited:

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
:D i almost bought a generic cree dropin for my G2, until i found the fenix range..
Anyone know runtime on a dropin ?

LawHund

Newly Enlightened
The DealExtreme one, while apparently a bargain, is by all reports too flimsy and unreliable for duty use. NotRegulated, from your exposure to the Wolf one, does it seem well-built enough to hold up to some rough use?

-Lawhund

abinok

Newly Enlightened
ive got the DX dropin. Ive run it in a G2, 6P, and a 9P, on stuff varying from 2 Cr123s, to 2 17500s. its a great deal for the $
Im going to get a stack of them and cluster them in a lantern style 6 volt light for an area light.

Flash007

Enlightened
NotRegulated said:
There are several options. I haven't' used them all. I am using a Wolf Eyes D26 XR-E Cree. It is one of the more expensive drop-ins. I bought mine from Pacific Tactical Solutions. Make sure to also buy (check the box)) the Spring for Surefire flashlight applications for it to work correctly in the G2. Mine works perfectly in all my 2-cell Surefires. Much brighter than a P60 and near the P61 bulbs. Runtime is twice as long as the stock bulb. Since the bulb is rated 3.7V to 13V you can also use it in your 3-cell Surefires. You can use it in a 2-cell Surefire light with one 16760 rechargable or two CR123's. You can use it in a 3-cell Surefire light with two 17500 rechargables or 3 CR123's.

1) Is your drop-in regulated with single 17670 cell ? Compared to the brightness with 2x cr123's ?
2) Do you have the 130 lumens or the 170 lumens version ?

Thanks.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's also a drop in by calvinmo28. look his thread up in the 'Dealer Section'. There's also Litemania's Version 2 also in the same section.