Inova T3

iubigred007

Newly Enlightened
i'm looking at getting either an Inova XO3 or a T3. i think i like the T3 best, but i am getting conflicting battery info on the T3. i see that on the Inova site, it states to T3 takes 3-123a batteries. but, when i read reviews, i see that people are stating that the T3 takes 2-123a batteries, just like the XO3.

can anyone out there clear this up for me??

thanks!

Illum

Flashaholic
why do people continue to recommend fenix cree lights to threads not intended to discuss about them?

I mean unless the threader is asking for a recommendation doesnt it sound a bit...off topic?

just my opinion:huh:

the XO3 Im told has a power consumption of 525ma, [525/1000]x 6v = 3.15W
so yeah, its a luxeon III, and since the output is comparable to the T3, I would say yes, its not a K2 because the tint varys between lights of the same model

the new ones are K2 Leds, which is capable of 3.5W output 3.5v x 1000ma

Cydonia

Enlightened
People recommend Fenix whenever and wherever possible because they are exciting lights with big bang for the buck right now. I forgive them :)

Good info Illum, thanks! The new XO3 has a few advantages to the new T3 I think. You avoid the clicky switch and get more reliable twist switch instead. And only 2 cells instead of 3. And re-gain the stainless bezel ring. And you still get the same new diamond turned aluminum reflector as the T3 as well. Just lose out on the T series grip knurling. Trade off's… :laughing:

iubigred007

Newly Enlightened
thanks for those links cydonia. i'll have to be sure to order from batteryjunction and make sure i get the latest greatest :)

Cydonia

Enlightened
Don't forget the coupon code "cpf2006" for another 5% off!

battryjunction is selling off the X0 2006 reflector version which is the one reviewed on flashlightreviews.com here It has a nice 5:40 run time with slowly fading output. Good if you want runtime over brightness. I have a feeling the new 2007 X0 has sacrificed run time for brightness. Anyone know the runtime of the newest 2007 reflector XO?

gunga

Flashaholic
Cy is a harsh Inova pusher and I have seen the (dim) light! I'm a Fenix user but have an X5 and a couple X1's on the way. Low tech, not super bright, no modes, but runtimes are quite long and the lights are as tough as nails.

Simple and tough. It does have it's place. If you want bright, many modes, and cool tech, go Fenix! I do see the charm of Inova tho myself. Thanks Cy! I;m in for my next hit...

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Illum_the_nation said:
why do people continue to recommend fenix cree lights to threads not intended to discuss about them?

I mean unless the threader is asking for a recommendation doesnt it sound a bit...off topic?

just my opinion:huh:

I agree. I have the new T3 with reflector and 3x 123a's with the 5.8w K2. It is a solid, light that you could drop off the roof and still have it work. It is only about 1/2 as bright as my Ultrafire C2 cree light which only takes 2 cells, but the Inova has better fit and finish than any Fenix or Ultrafire light.

ensile

Enlightened
i'm so wildly impressed by inova's quality, i think i'll be sticking with them, and fenix for the pocket rocket

lightinsky

Enlightened
I picked up the Inova XO3 5.8 Watt K2 Lux from Target for $54.99 and it is just about as bright as my Surefire OD G2 with the KL5 5 Watt Lux that is modestly rated as 100 Lumens. I have the older T3 with Tiros and the XO3 has got a much better and usefull beam but the solid construction of the Inovas can't be beat for the money in my opinion. I'd say that the XO3 5.8 Watt K2 Lux has got to be at least 85 Lumens if not more. Get one and enjoy you owe it too your self.

Illum

Flashaholic
eventually I'll be adding a few fenixes...the issue with inova is its alot heavier than any other light I have used. when dealing with brightness/weight ratio, I would go with other models, but as residential or auto purposes they are indestructable...in my experience having these light crashing through dry wall, bouncing off the roof tiles and ending up hitting concrete or the lawn, shattering cermic tile [by accident], etc my XO3, T1, and the X5 comes out fully functional:naughty:

gunga, the X5 and X1s may be considered dim, but have you tried the 1+Watt versions?

Personally I prefer the TIROS and brings a flood light when I need the flood option, I prefer to have light where I need it, not "everywhere else"

woodrow said:
but the Inova has better fit and finish than any Fenix or Ultrafire light.

yes, but fenixes are lighter and perform the same function, hence the popularity in EDC:huh:

lightinsky...the Gen I XOs claim 32 lumens, but from other users I was informed that is was 24 lumens at best. I highly doubt the new K2s will output 85 lumens, but thats just me.

K2s are designed for high current applications but are not considered to be as efficient as the luxeon or cree

Last edited: