Looking for Holsters

Dave M

Newly Enlightened
I need holsters for a Brinkman Maxfire and a Nuwai ALX-2611X. I've looked at several web sites with holsters, but they either don't tell me what size flashlights fit in them, or they tell me they fit "this or that model and similar." That'd be peachy keen except I don't know what sizes "this or that model" are.

My Brinkman is approximately 5.5 inches long and the circumference at the thickest part of the bezel is about 4.6 inches. The Nuwai is about 4 inches long and 3.5 inches around the bezel.

I'd sho'nuff appreciate it if any of you folks would tell me what Streamlight or Surefire or whatever is close to matching those dimensions so I could order some holsters.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

--Dave M

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
The Brinkmann Maxfire is similar in size to a (1) SureFire 6P or G2 and (2) Streamlight Scorpion. I think the SureFire V20 holster (see this) would work fine for your Maxfire. I have one -- I'll measure it tonight just to make sure. SureFire has a bunch of other holsters, such as the V21 and V26, which should also work. The Nuwai is similar in size to a Surefire E2e or E2D, and I think the SureFire V20 would be OK for it also.

Last edited:

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
Dave M said:
I need holsters for a Brinkman Maxfire and a Nuwai ALX-2611X.

My Brinkman is approximately 5.5 inches long and the circumference at the thickest part of the bezel is about 4.6 inches. The Nuwai is about 4 inches long and 3.5 inches around the bezel.
Dave M--
Which Maxfire do you have? Is it the LX? What is the circumference of the body?

Dave M

Newly Enlightened
GeorgePaul said:
Dave M--
Which Maxfire do you have? Is it the LX? What is the circumference of the body?

George, I didn't know there was a Maxfire other than the LX. Regardless, the circumference of the body is approximately 3.37 inches. After I saw your message I did go look at the V20. It does look like a good holster, but Surefire says the 6P length is 5.1 inches, and since the Maxfire is 5.5, I'm not sure it would work.

Tom, the SpecOps holster also looks like a good holster, but I'm wary of one without a flap. Assuming it would actually fit both lights, it would certainly be cheaper than buying separate sheaths for them.

I knew this would happen: I've been looking for flashlight holsters off and on for several weeks now. Not finding anything that would work, yesterday I posted here. And of course today I think I found what I want.

I discovered a site called www.ripoffs.com. They make a slew of holsters, including one for my Nextel i850. I ordered the CO-30 for the Brinkman (says it will fit a Streamlight Scorpion, which from the picture on flashlightreviews.com seems to be about the same length as the Maxfire) and the CO-193 for the Nuwai (fits the TM303-X).

Ripoffs doesn't sell direct to the consumer, but they do have a list of dealers. The one I chose was www.holsterdepot.com, since they carried both of the flashlight holsters plus the CO-95A for the Nextel.

If anybody is interested I'll post again when the holsters come in, detailing how they fit and giving a report on holsterdepot and their customer service.

George and Tom, I appreciate your suggestions. It was nice of both of you to reach out to a stranger.:)

--Dave M

Last edited:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Ripoffs CO-30. It fits my Lumapower M1.

Length of Lumapower M1, 5.238" or 133.05mm.

Circumference of tail cap,1.070" or 27.18mm.

I think this holster will work. Look how long the flap is.

dsc04276smallmj5.jpg

dsc04277smallho3.jpg

dsc04278smallfr9.jpg

dsc04279smallns5.jpg

dsc04280smallpj7.jpg

Dave M

Newly Enlightened
On 19 May I ordered three Ripoffs holsters:

BL-95A for a Nextel i850 cell phone
BL-30 for a Brinkman Maxfire
BL-193 for a Nuwai ALX-2611-X

All three of these holsters are good quality material and workmanship. The BL models have fabric beltloops, while the CO models have metal clipons.

The first two arrived near the end of May. The BL-95A fits the phone perfectly. The BL-30 fits the Brinkman perfectly, as well. When the flap is up the head sticks up enough to provide a firm grip on the light, and there's just enough leeway in the shaft so the light slides out easily.

The BL-30 will also take a UK 4AA eLED, although I would prefer a slightly longer holster for that light so that more of the velcro could catch. It's acceptable for the eLED, though, and I wouldn't be concerned if I used it to carry one. Due to the increased length, the UK 4AA eLED Zoom will NOT fit in this holster.

The BL-193 finally showed up 2 July. Although acceptable, this holster fits the Nuwai loosely. I definitely wouldn't want to carry a smaller diameter light in it without sewing the shaft to make it narrower. As it is, I stuffed a quarter of a paper towel into the holster so as to bring the light up a bit so I could grab it easier, and also to make the flap ride a little higher so it would have more velcro to grip.