Arc AAA LE vs Inova Microlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masseter

Newly Enlightened
I really enjoy my almost indestructable Arc AAA LE
grin.gif
. However I was doing one of those "my light is brighter then your light" things with my brother who recently bought a Inova Microlight
twak.gif
. And well...the arc was either the same or slightly dimmer then the inova
icon15.gif

I would never give up my arc because of its indestructable nature, ease of battery change, and beauty of the light. But I was wondering if there is anyway to squeeze just a few more lumens out of it?
winkie.GIF
Maybe I can mod out another LED bulb or maybe I could use a different battery?
grin.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
IF, you can find lithium AAA batteries, by all means, go ahead and use it. It will be brighter. And don't forget to inform us where you get it from. Second thing you can do is to get some 1/3 or 1/2 AAA batteries from www.powerstream.com and charge em up and dump em into the ARC. 2.8 volts ought to really over drive it a lot. Don't run your ARC with this configuration for a long time or you will risk ruining your ARC. Maybe good for a 5-10 seconds burst...

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ask your brother if those were two new 3 volt 2016 coin batteries in his Inova because if they were, that's 6 volts powering the Inova. My Inova with brand new 2016 batteries (the 2016 coin batteries are the correct ones to put in there) makes for a really bright overdriven single LED but only for the first 5 to 10 minutes. Then it dims drastically. Challenge him again after he's had the chance to use up the batteries a bit and you'll probably win the second round.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
the arc can take at least 3v...a while ago, peter was experimenting with an arc 2aaa and said it can take it.

you can purchase a *ag 2aaa light, and mod it to accept the arc head, and it shouldn't be a problem. it will be brighter, but the main advantage should be increased run-times.

Status
Not open for further replies.