small light with a low low

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
looking for something small that can dim down very far. by small i mean like 123 or aaa thanks

Last edited:

phil000

Newly Enlightened
Photon Freedom, like 15$ shipped? Smaller than 123 or AAA. Has fully adjustable dimming + 80000 other modes.

jason9987

Newly Enlightened
If you can find one or wait til the new ones come out a recent rumor says fall of this year an HDS would be a great choice, they arent cheap but it will be a good small bright light and probably has one of the lowest lows available without using a lower powered LED ie. 5mm

JJohn

Enlightened
Another vote for the AAA based LiteFlux LF-2 CRE. Very small and easily fits in any pocket. Way easier to carry than a CR123 light. It ran for over seven days on its lowest low and still had useful output (if dark adapted) at that level. I program mine to come on at very low and a half turn more and it is at 50% brightness and quite bright. You can set the two levels at whatever output level you want.

My advice with this light is to set your levels and then just use it as a simple two-stage light. It is the best and easiest UI if you just ignore all the other features. It is also one of the only lights that you tighten to turn off which is much preferable, IMO, to loosening. I love mine.

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Draco is very small, and since it has a Flupic, there are 10 levels to choose from.
At the lowest you can look directly at the emitter without discomfort.
Perfect for late-night bathroom trips, etc.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
gunga said:
Try liteflux LF2. $55 for AAA.
Actually I saw a thread
yesterday they are doing a special on the LF2 for $45 your choice of Seoul or
Cree. I'm going to pick one up myself. :) Whoops, didn't see Calina's post. :ohgeez:

Vinnyp

Newly Enlightened
+1 for the Draco as the Rolls Royce and the photon freedom as the great value compact.

Kristofg

Enlightened
perhaps one of those lights powered from a nine volt battery. i can't remember the name of them, but it had a stand-by mode where the led is powered very dim and for three years from a single battery.

found the name again on the led museum. it's the PALight survival.

one of those serves as nightlight in our bedroom and it's enough to find your way but not too much to wake someone up.