5 Cree Mag Mod

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven`t noticed that anyone has done this yet so here is what I am building now. The Cree without a reflector makes for a great even flood beam for up close tasks so I figured why not make a Quad more verstile with a center Cree on a tower right up at the lens. Two switches and can be operated seperate from the 4 Crees. Just another crazy kenster flashlight mod.
nana.gif
yellowlaugh.gif

Thanks for looking!
smile.gif

Ken

This is just set together for the pic and nothing is permenant or epoxied yet so it is a little crooked looking.:eek:
IMG_4447.jpg

You can see from an angle the reflectors will not really enterfere with the flood from the center Cree. I am going to drive the flood Cree HARD! It will be dimmable though.
wink.gif

IMG_4442.jpg

One last thing before someone mentions it:ohgeez: ......... No I wont put four more Cree around the outside of the reflectors but you guys go right ahead and have fun doing it! :p

Last edited:

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats totally awesome.

any way you can fit in one of the mcr11(?) reflectors (draco) on the center?

both make it look cooler, and slightly more effective. (not like it needs it)

maybe showing the emitter is actually cooler:shrug:

good work :)

Last edited:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pumaman said:
Thats totally awesome.

any way you can fit in one of the mcr11(?) reflectors (draco) on the center?

both make it look cooler, and slightly more effective. (not like it needs it)

maybe showing the emitter is actually cooler:shrug:

good work :)

I don`t have a Draco! :ohgeez: But I have made my own Mcr11 reflector and put it in a Fenix Lop with a Cree. It is very nice but I am going for something different here. The Cree without a reflector at all makes an even flood beam tahat I like very much for up close tasks. I have the Cr2 size light from YCLO`s auction tat is FANTASTIC! Thank you YC! :) This addition of the 5th Cree gives the Quad Mag mod great versitilty IMHO! :grin2:

Ken

***EDIT*** Oh crapolla! :p I was almost actually serious in this post so......... :nana: That`s better! :whistle: :grin2:

Last edited:

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kenster doesn't have a Draco??!!! :faint:

You don't know what you're missing....a ti Draco would compliment your collection nicely :)

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good catch!! :lolsign: I sometimes forget to wear my :tinfoil: when posting :)

Very nice job Kenster!!! I wonder if Scott can do something like this with an M4 head...

How many LED's could you feasibly fit into he head with the 4 reflectored LEDs?

Ken

kenster said:
***EDIT*** Oh crapolla! :p I was almost actually serious in this post so......... :nana: That`s better! :whistle: :grin2:

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that is a really cool idea.

So what drivers are you planning on? Battery configuration?

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mirage_Man said:
Now that is a really cool idea.

So what drivers are you planning on? Battery configuration?

Good questions since what voltage do you run 4 LED`s and a single LED of off? 3 x 17670 in parallel. The 4 LED`s will have a 3X FluPic wired a little goofy. :p The driver has 3 seperate outputs for 3 LED`s. I will put two in parallel on two or the outputs and nothing on the third output. The single flood Cree will have a D2dim.:)

Oh, and I can`t believe I don`t have a Draco either! :mecry:

Last edited:

Robban

Enlightened
I've been thinking about doing this for quite some time actually. I'm surprised no one has done it sooner. If it weren't for my noobness to modding I would've probably done it myself :) I'm settling for a quad SSC for now.

Nicely done sir :)

glyphin

Newly Enlightened
I've wondered about cramming as many Cree's on a surface as possible... I guess when you want brightness you tend to want it as throw.