Want a softer Legend LX switch? (pic added)

yclo

Flashaholic*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daniel Ramsey in another thread:
...you can usually unscrew the nut with the spring clockwise by hand, its a left hand thread...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Daniel!! It's also the case on the Legend LX, and I've tried so hard unscrewing counter-clockwise with no success.
tongue.gif

Anyway, after disassembling the LX tail switch. I was able to swap the stiff spring with a softer clickie pen spring, and it worked amazingly! Very easy to click on and click off now, however there's the problem that it might be accidentally activated. But hey, it's a trade-off, stiff switch or soft switch, you decide.

YC

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks yclo! now i can fix the switch on my girlfriend's LX . it's the pits compared to SF's(she needs an e1e
grin.gif
)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hay yclo --

Say, could you tell me exactly what kind of ballpoint pen you got your spring out of? I am having some trouble getting mine to work -- the original spring changes diameters midway along its length -- at first I wondered why, and now I realize the big end must stay inside the tailcap, to provide "pushback power" to reset the clicker. Otherwise the light stays on if the switch does not "click back".

yclo

Flashaholic*
Ah, someone actually tried doing it. There's actually a little bit more to it. You have to use a pair of pliers and change the size of half the pen spring, make it bigger/smaller depending on its size when compared to the original spring.

I think I used a spring from a Uni Laknock. Most of these pen springs are the same and have a same diameter along the whole length. Try just making the front bit end of the spring smaller and stuffing it through the tail switch. Since you had to push it, it should stay there even when you use the switch.

Hope it helps.

YC

D

**DONOTDELETE**

yclo,

Thanks, yes I did exactly that same thing while waiting for your reply...and it woiked! Also have a Real easy momentary switch now, which I find I tend to use more than the constant-on anyway.

Thanks again.